JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

J7 won't delete photos in the gallery

(Topic created: 05-29-2017 06:02 PM)
usergHtXF4yiKY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The gallery on my J7 says it deleted the photos i selected but two seconds later they reappear. Google photos has been disabled, and as far as I know, gallery should be the only app that can store my photos that is doing this. I tried deleting them from the SD card when I plugged the SD card into my computer but as soon as the card went back into my phone it did the same thing again.

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
GamingMuslima75
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same issue. Please help.

0 Likes
userI62q4HcL9E
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

please help delete videos and photos from gallery. it appears again. it says can not be deleted

0 Likes
uservfSTAPvJ76
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same here smh
0 Likes
userazL6tAsxQr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had the same problem until I turned on (enabled) the Samsung cloud sync.

Tap on camera.  Tap on menu (3 dots) in upper right corner.  Tap settings.

The top line is Samsung Cloud.  Slide button to enable.

Afterwards I was able to delete videos and photos successfully.

0 Likes
user3HPMr94wSw
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have my cloud on as well. I tried deleting directly from the cloud(have done this 4 times now...) and every photo, the 2000 something photos, keep loading back. Turning everything off, delete, come.back. turn everything on, delete, come back. 🤷‍:female_sign: it's driving me crazy and my phone is lagging hard core bc of this. 

0 Likes
userH2GGYaHnwu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything I can think of and the pictures keep coming back.  Any help would really be appreciated.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give these steps a try: From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon>Tap Gallery>Tap the MORE icon>Tap EditTap each picture (or album, if applicable) to be deleted>Tap DELETE>Tap DELETE.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userVlABUmIvKt
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My pics wont delete.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you have the photos backed up causing them to reappear??

Have you attempted to check your backup settings and storage settings for the device to ensure your photo's are stored where you'd like them and gives you access to delete them without worrying of losing the backed up photos?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userk2bxVCdbUB
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did not solve problem on my s5

0 Likes