J7 maxing out at 90% battery

Since I downloaded the latest update, my J7 is only charging up to 90% then stopping. I have been using the original charger, but other chargers give the same result. I have restarted already, with no effect. In Samsung Plus, under the battery section, it says how much longer to charge to get up to 100%, but it won't actually charge. The battery also seems to drain far faster than right before the update.
4 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: J7 maxing out at 90% battery

Hmm, thanks for reaching out to us about this. How much longer does it show in your Samsung Plus app to get to 100%? Are you using the phone while it's on the charger or do you let it sit by itself to try and gain the full charge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Hey @userI3821AAuat We've also had some users on a thread here say that removing the battery and replacing it after a few minutes can help with the charging issue. If it still persists, please let me know.

Astronaut

simply take the phone apart take out the battery for 30 seconds reinstall put your phone back together and boom, your good...lol I had the same issue but mine was stuck at 86%
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for sharing your solution with us, @userH075b9huIo! Smiley Happy

@userI3821AAuat, let's try those steps and see if it works for you too. Keep me posted please! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.