cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MistarDoyle
Cosmic Ray

J7 prime flashlight brightness

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a j7 prime with Android 7.0 nougat and I can't figure out how to change the brightness of the flashlight next to the camera I think I've done it before but it's just not bright enough. PLEASE HELP ME!

Chris.D
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userGyIbwlmB6Y
Constellation

Re: J7 prime flashlight brightness

JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @MistarDoyle If your device is running Nougat, you can pull the Quick Settings Menu down from the top of your Home Screen. Tap the word 'Flashlight' to bring up the flashlight's menu; you will have to turn the flashlight on to adjust the brightness.

MistarDoyle
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What does the quick settings look like? It just says system UI flashlight turned on. I've press and holded the flashlight icon and can't find anything online.

Chris.D
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's no problem @crdoyle03! So my menu may look a little different from your's because I have a Note 5 but, like I said before, as long as you're on Nougat it's the same menu. 

This is when you first pull the top of your screen down.

If you continue to pull down, you will see your Quick Settings Screen and I have my Flashlight setting here. If you don't see your's on the first 'page', swipe Left and it may be on the second page.

MistarDoyle
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh yes I've done that and know how to get there but I don't know how to make the flashlight brighter

Chris.D
MistarDoyle
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MistarDoyle wrote:

Oh yes I've done that and know how to get there but I don't know how to make the flashlight brighter

I've attached a screenshot hopefully it actually worked after crashing the app 3 times.

Chris.D
userLtEu6A5PxX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem my girlfriend has the regular j7 and was able to brighten and dim her flashlight but I am not able to and I have the j7 prime I notice and videos it doesn't say flashlight that says torch

Aerophen
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I also have a Galaxy J7 &was searching for a way to alter/change the brightness level on my phone's flashlight when I came across this post. Obviously you & I were able to locate the flashlight icon &turn it off/on, which is literally the ONLY THING that the person above demonstrated, WITHOUT actually answering the actual question itself: which is/was trying to find a way to adjust the brightness (aka reduce/lower it &/or turn it up)

But anyways, I have looked over this whole thread &cannot find a direct answer &/or solution about it ,so I wanted to ask you personally: Did you ever figure out HOW to do that on the J7 or find out if its even possible to do so?

userGyIbwlmB6Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The flashlight level bar has shown up about 3 times when I have it on, but idk how to make it appear, everytime it has shown up its without even trying,  but when I do try I can't, I just don't know what to tap. Good luck. 

userF3CVRyIJoQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tap on the text not the icon. It'll appear immediately.