cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: J7 prime weird charging issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No recent apps. I'm kind of minimalist in that. I will charge under safe mode for a couple of nights and see what happens. I'm not afraid to do a factory reset if that's what it takes.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's use that as our last resort, Give the safe mode charging  overnight a try so that will give us a better understanding and we can go from there.

No worries, i'll be here standing by to assist you further!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend trying to clear cache and tonight charge it when device is placed into safe mode to verify if any third party applications are causing your concerns.

You can locate the troubleshooting steps to place the device in safe mode: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001072/#safe-mode

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared the cache and started the phone in safe mode. It charged to 89% then stopped. I unplugged it and replugged it and it charged to 100 % within a few minutes.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thank you so much. We would recommend sending the device in for service by a certified technician.

Can you please send the below information in a private message here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

First and Last Name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate phone Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll have to take some time to figure out what it's worth it to do. I can't really be without a phone. May just get a new one.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok no worries, just let me know how you would like to proceed and we can pick up where we left off at anytime. Thank you!