cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

J7 prime weird charging issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy j7 prime 32 gig when charging, charges to 88% then stops. Unplugging the charger from the phone and plugging it back in and it will charge the rest of the way up. This happens with any charger, even on my laptop or in my car.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: J7 prime weird charging issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for that information, Have you tried clearing your cache partition and restarting the device? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the chargers? Do the chargers work on other devices and charge them fully?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the original charger that came with the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes. When I'm at home. Sometimes I charge off of laptop or in my car. Does the same thing on all charging sources. It actually charges fastest on my laptop, but still stops at 88%.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for that information, Have you tried clearing your cache partition and restarting the device? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the chargers? Do the chargers work on other devices and charge them fully?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No damage to phone or charger. I haven't cleared the phone cache. I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, Thank you again for reaching out to us for assistance. If you need further assistance feel free to reach back out to us directly. Thanks for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Clearing the cache seems to have fixed it. Is that something I should be doing regularly?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We always recommend optimizing your device periodically not only does it clear up space but ensures that your device is running at peak conditions.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I spoke too soon. The first night it charged to 100% but last night it only charged to 85%. Once I unplugged and replugged the charging cable, it resumed charging.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you recently downloaded any third party applications? Does this issue occur when the device is placed into safe mode while charging?