cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlEPDqDAkh3
Constellation

Lag when inputting text

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a J7 sky pro and It has recently started locking up when I initially try to input text. The keyboard won't recognize my initial inputs for a second or two. Following this brief freeze, the keys will rapidly catch up with what I had  typed will it was frozen. I have tried restarting my phone, clearing apps, and checking for updates. Nothing has improved this situation so far. Any suggestions on what is causing this? Possible remedies? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Lag when inputting text

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userlEPDqDAkh3

I am sorry to hear about that error you are experiencing with your keyboard, and I can certainly understand how frustrating that would be. When you say you have cleared your apps, does that mean you deleted them, or that you cleared the cache and data on relevant applications? Have you tried a different keyboard to make sure it is only the default keyboard program that is afflicted? If you haven't already, I would also suggest going to Settings>Apps>Samsung keyboard, tapping Storage, and hitting clear cache and clear data. You may have to tap on the settings option in the Settings>Apps menu, and turn on system apps to see the Samsung keyboard app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Red Giant

Re: Lag when inputting text

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userlEPDqDAkh3

I am sorry to hear about that error you are experiencing with your keyboard, and I can certainly understand how frustrating that would be. When you say you have cleared your apps, does that mean you deleted them, or that you cleared the cache and data on relevant applications? Have you tried a different keyboard to make sure it is only the default keyboard program that is afflicted? If you haven't already, I would also suggest going to Settings>Apps>Samsung keyboard, tapping Storage, and hitting clear cache and clear data. You may have to tap on the settings option in the Settings>Apps menu, and turn on system apps to see the Samsung keyboard app.

View solution in original post