Original topic:

Laggy phone

(Topic created: 05-15-2022 11:10 AM)
Mimfce
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Every time I use this phone it starts to lag a lot, I close tabs that I have open and clear my notifications, but it's still laggy, Can anyone tell me why this happens?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WAM1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could try enabling developer options to speed it up. Go to settings, about phone, software, find build number and tap on it until it says you are a developer. Now go back to the settings menu and scroll to the bottom to find developer options and click on that. Scroll down to find animations. Change each of the window, transition and animator from 1x to .5x. Then exit out of settings, as you do, see if your screen is moving any faster.Screenshot_20220515-133802_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

5 Replies
WAM1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What model?
0 Likes
Mimfce
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Galaxy A03s
0 Likes
Solution
WAM1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could try enabling developer options to speed it up. Go to settings, about phone, software, find build number and tap on it until it says you are a developer. Now go back to the settings menu and scroll to the bottom to find developer options and click on that. Scroll down to find animations. Change each of the window, transition and animator from 1x to .5x. Then exit out of settings, as you do, see if your screen is moving any faster.Screenshot_20220515-133802_Settings.jpg
Mimfce
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you!
N0Y0U2114
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
One option is trying an app called good gaurdians (its on the galaxy store) and running Galaxy app booster. Another option is, as people have said, enabling developer mode and reducing animation time; but you could also limit background processes or stop letting apps run in the background, both of which are doable from the developer mode settings.