Original topic:

Lock Screen Functionality. Too many password prompts throughout the day.

(Topic created: 12-02-2023 10:25 PM)
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's nice to be able to push one button and lock your phone with password protection. But I'm not the government. I want another button that fully locks the phone screen as well just like the password lock screen but doesn't require a password to unlock when locked with this method so long as the preselscted timeout time hasn't passed. So when double click volume key screen locks and will not unlock until the unlock button is pressed. When it is pressed the phone unlocks with no password. But If the lock screen button is pressed like normal the phone is locked with password protection. If the phone is locked with this new method and the timeout say you set it for thirty minutes passes then ur back to having to put a password again. I hope this makes sense. The problem is that every time I walk with my phone in my pocket it starts dialing people but when I lock the screen I have to enter a password every three minutes because I'm constantly in and out of pocket. It's really retarded that there is no real solution for this yet. I am not a noobie either I've tried every possible lock screen setting but nothing is really conveniently working for this.
0 Likes
2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Not having immediate lock when shutting down the screen is an insane security risk and removes any accidental input protection if you turn on the screen in your pocket. Just set up a fingerprint or face unlock so you don't need to use the password.
0 Likes
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I appreciate your opinion but I have a whole community of friends who are lunatics as well I guess we want a lock less screen lock bro. I've achieved this using a third party app that reprograms the buttons but it's sloppy, it's pretty close to the functionality I'm looking for. I've got nothing weird or top secret on my phone, after thirty minutes of inactivity it will auto lock anyway, if I'm at magic mountain or something I can always lower that time frame to 5 minutes, if the phone gets stolen it's never coming back anyway, ya know?
0 Likes