Original topic:

Locked bootloader

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 11:54 AM)
Osirisx28
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Why do you lock bootloader on U.S. variant snapdragon devices? I purchased a Samsung galaxy A51 SM-S515DL and my bootloader is locked. No oem toggle not even a grayed out option. This phone is MINE and I should have FULL control over what I purchase. It is FULLY PAID. If this is the case for every snapdragon variant, then I will NEVER purchase another Samsung device ever again. Listen to your customers. This is ridiculous. I was going to purchase a Samsung TV but if I'm going to be enslaved by boards who think they have control over what is mine then forget about it. I'll go with the latter.

7 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What is it that you want to do that you need bootloader unlocked? Just Google your phone model and missing OEM unlock. Solutions will be in the top 10 searches. Took me 30 seconds. You clearly don't know what you are doing, probably should not unlock the bootloader. The reason why they are locked, so you don't screw up your phone and complain here later that your phone is messed up and blame Samsung, which you did anyways.
Osirisx28
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've tried every option. I know what I'm doing and I'm well versed in Linux based operating systems. I write code and I want to develop and flash custom roms. I've tried the time management tweak. I've used SDK, ADB and flashboot to confirm my bootloader is indeed locked. My FRP is locked. I can't flash custom roms like resurrection. I can't delete bloatware. I can't increase battery life. I can't increase CPU. I'm stuck with android 11 and one ui 3.1 is garbage. Clearly YOU don't know what you're talking about. Do you write code? Do you know anything about linux/Ubuntu based software? Did you know trying to flash custom roms on a locked bootloader will brick your phone or that ALL U.S. based snapdragon variants have locked bootloaders. Do you even know what resurrection is? I advise you to think before you reply. I'm not incompetent. I know how to mod windows based systems with ease. Even XDA devs have confirmed my phone is bootloader is locked and is impossible to unlock unless I use a paid service which I will not reveal and downgrade my UI to 3.0. 30 seconds? Get real.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You probably should look for a help on XDA. Nothing you post here will unlock your bootloader. Whoever tells you to use paid service to unlock your bootloader is trying to scam you buddy. You wrote an impressive paragraph trying to convince me that your level of knowledge is prime. Don't waste your time. If you can't unlock a bootloader you probably shouldn't mingle with settings you don't know.
Osirisx28
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Lmao U.S. variant snapdragon based samsung phones can't be unlocked. And there is a program that can do it for you if you look in XDA forums. And its legit. Sad part is I shouldn't have to resort to such a program in order to be able do whatever I want with a product that I payed for and is MINE.
0 Likes
Osirisx28
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Remember. KEYWORDS. Snapdragon. And U.S.
0 Likes
Osirisx28
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The point is the only way to unlock bootloader is to change css which isn't completely impossible but involves changing to EU variant chip which I'm not doing. The point of my post is to complain about how samsung is now garbage which I have done. Locking bootloader should be illegal. Or is it already? I know it voids warranty which I don't give a **bleep** about. I know it trips Knox. The point is limiting and controlling something that belongs to me. That is the whole point. It's my phone. My product. And my right to complain like thousands of others. Samsung doesn't offer the freedom it used to with a locked bootloader. At this point locking the bootloader makes it a bootleg iPhone with buggy firmware.
0 Likes
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Most of the time snapdragon Samsungs have been on lockdown for years. At this point it is becoming pointless to buy Samsung if you want to unlock certain things. Samsung used to be great for development. But now the ship has sailed I believe the last supported phone for this on xda is the S9. I mean people load that with Ubuntu , pine , and other os. If someone had the knowledge the surface duo 1 has a unlockable bootloader out of the box. But no support it seems if people got behind that phone it would be amazing. Heck I upgraded my note 20 ultra to the surface duo. And I wish the community would step behind it