Original topic:

Losing data and cellular connection for to sim card

(Topic created: 07-24-2022 10:33 PM)
JohnnyLong
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've been having issues with my device ever since the Android 12 update. Every time I restart my phone it tells me there is no SIM card in my phone and I cannot make phone calls and my data service does not work I have already done factory resets and reset all network settings to no avail that does not work to fix the issue. Now it has started doing it without a restart of my phone I could be on the phone drop a phone call and look at my screen and it has a circle with a line through it at the top by the battery and Wi-Fi data signals and then it pops up on the bottom of the screen tell me there is no SIM card in my device when I try to turn the data on or off the data button will not say lit up and I cannot get my device to work until I turn it off pull the SIM card turn the phone on and let it boot up to the home screen and then I reinsert my SIM card and somehow it magically starts to work.
2 Replies
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You might need a new sim card
0 Likes
MamaCan58
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My S20 is doing the same thing. I'll think I'm having a quiet day and looking at my phone it says I can only use it for emergency purposes because there is no SIM card. And it blasts me with group texts that have been deleted for quite some time randomly. 15-20+ at a time. It takes a while to get the phone to recognize the SIM card and start working again and then I get only a portion of what I missed while it was away. This has been going on for six months or so. My husband has the same phone with no problems.
0 Likes