JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages in group text not working

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 07:24 AM)
Lestrange_394
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a samsung Ao3s and straight talk service. I can text individuals just fine but I recently made a group chat and it worked for just maybe 10 minutes and now when they send a message it comes to my phone individually in our private texts not in the group text and when I message they either don't see it at all or it sends individually. 

I have the group thingy switched one but it sends everything as multimedia. The chat was made from and iPhone user as I'm the only android/Samsung user

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lestrange_394
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I may have fixed mine. I was under the messages app trying to create a text message for my group. It was showing one person's name as red. As of I couldn't add them.

I decided to go under contacts add their names to a group in my contacts and then hit message group. Now it works

View solution in context

6 Replies
MoorSoul
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
it's not just text messages for me I have an S22 Ultra and I can't send mms messages it'd quite annoying.
Solution
Lestrange_394
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I may have fixed mine. I was under the messages app trying to create a text message for my group. It was showing one person's name as red. As of I couldn't add them.

I decided to go under contacts add their names to a group in my contacts and then hit message group. Now it works
MoorSoul
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
mine are contacts that are in my phone but I'll try that to see.
0 Likes
Lestrange_394
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mine were contacts too. I added their contact to a group inside of my contacts so I basically made a group contact from existing contacts. Idk if it will fix your problem but it fixed mine
bvggghjjol
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can't get talk text back on
0 Likes
nuclearjen
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same issue. Whenever there are a lot of group texts it just stops working. This has been going on for years and Samsung will not address it. I wont be buying another Samsung.

0 Likes