Original topic:

MicroSD & OS issues with new A52 5G.

(Topic created: 05-10-2021 09:45 AM)
userv22TX6MfkI
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello all,

Last week I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A52 5G. Now I'm Regretting it for one reason, one issue that in spite of my best efforts I cannot seem to resolve. The phone or OS harassess me all day long with an notification to reset my phone because the microSD card was removed inproperly.

No issues with the card at all. It was installed correctly, I let the new phone format it. The phone sees, reads and writes to the card with no problems.

I removed the card and reinserted it. I reset and powered off the phone dozens of times times. Still every 5 minutes I get a notification from the OS telling me to restart the phone because the card was removed inproperly, it was not.

Anyone else having similar issues with the new A52 5G?

8 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Id try clearing the cache partition on your device and then boot it up and see if this issue persist.

How to Clear Cache Partition 

1.Turn your Android device off.
Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons to boot into Recovery Mode.

2. Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu

3. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition.

4. Wait for the system cache partition to clear.

5. Select the Reboot option to return to normal device usage.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You could also try getting some help using Samsung Members app

0 Likes
userv22TX6MfkI
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This issue will be fixed in the next software update. This is the official message I received from Samsung on 05-15-2021.

In the mean time I removed my SD card from the phone to keep the error message from bugging me all day. 
useruoosmPR1IG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That's what the people on the phone tonight said to me as well...after they first denied the problem exists.  Seems to me that may be a standard promise.

When is the next software update?

0 Likes
userwE44JaNJzk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

New phone less than a week old. I also have this message show up in the top notification bar, in my case: "An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting unexpectedly. save unsaved data and restart now." It also includes a "restart button as part of the notification. 

In my case, I have not removed the card since it was set up at the store. Hopefully, this issue will get fixed (I don't believe I've received the latest Samsung update others said is now available, although when I ask it to update it comes back saying it is up to date).

0 Likes
useriTAZZzt2Ok
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

they update without permission so it probably is up to date

0 Likes
SuperGonz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same issue. The card doesn't seem to really be unmounted, so it's just an irritation that apparently will be addressed soon
0 Likes
useruoosmPR1IG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just bought my new A52 5g and am bothered with the same issue.  Very frustrating!

Their tech support people at Samsung are unfamiliar with the problem.  Wasted 90 minutes chatting with them.  They told me they had not heard of it, so I sent them screens shots from Samsung Commmunity Forums threads.  One had 144 replies, but no help from Samsung.