JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 01-08-2017 11:42 AM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
Scottyg00
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have tried everything suggested, i bought my phone 2 months ago used to be loyal samsung customer this is last i will ever buy!

0 Likes
user5zgEW2Pkct
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem.... Found the microphone hole had wax or something clogging it up. Couldn't see it with a magnifying glass but gently poked it with a pin and it started coming out! Works fine now! 

0 Likes
usereGYVPgMIV9
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Turn on microphones 

0 Likes
usereGYVPgMIV9
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

0 Likes
userw5vPqCx7U4
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am also having issues with intermittent microphone loss while trying to initiate calls. Once it stops working, I can't receive calls and use it either. it also will not work on voice recorder. As I said it's not all the time, but it gets fairly irritating. My model number is SM-J320V and the baseband is J320VVRS2BRA2. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can I get your carrier information as well?

0 Likes
userBSVmS9LRHV
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
True caller ap was my issue. Uninstalled it and sorted. Works like it use to before phone updated.
0 Likes
userg2C63s2D5S
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Re: True caller ap was my issue. Uninstalled it and sorted. Works like it use to before phone updated. 

I am having the same problem on my Galaxy J7 V, started shortly after I got it in Sept. 2018. I would hope finding an app on my phone and removing it will fix the problem, but I cannot find anything named "true caller", is that actually the name of the app you uninstalled, or is it something else?

Or does anybody else have another app to try removing? Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
VESTRONIX
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My 3 month old Galaxy J3 Achieve has the exact same phone mic issues. If you YELL into the mic at about 1/4", they can kind of hear you on the other end of the call, but otherwise they hear nothing. Making and receiving calls. There's no obstructions in the mic opening. I have always run an audio recording app named Field Recorder Pro (8.4) for the past few years now on my phones. I use it because of the number of system audio parameters accessibility it enables for the user, which are otherwise pretty much inaccessible. One of those options is selectibilty of mic sources. When set to record from "Mic A", it records and plays back just fine. When set to "Mic B", or "Call", the playback of the recording is exactly as the caller on the other end hears it in a call. Faint, or inaudible. I know that chances are, that is telling something of significant troubleshooting value, I just don't know enough about the Android audio kernel to understand or care how to implement it. C'mon, Samsung! Is this not enough loyal customer numbers stacking up experiencing the exact same problem specifically, with the exact model phones, in nearly the exact time frames to merit a fix, solution, explanation, or even an acknowledgement that yes, this is now a known issue?!

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recommend speaking with the app developer regarding this.

0 Likes