JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 01-08-2017 11:42 AM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
userROcPvfA5G1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi ive cleared data and cache on the things u said it didn't work ive also reset factory settings and it still isnt working my phone is literally my life please help me 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

userKcTFmZ5ERk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, so I'm having the same issue and it seems to have started when I update my software. So I doubt it's the mic that's the problem in my case, though it might as well be.

Is there anything I could do?? It's killing me, I need the phone for work.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userKcTFmZ5ERk Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKcTFmZ5ERk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I haven't tried that, not sure how to get to safe mode on the phone. But I can try if you think that would help?

But yeah, I've tried resetting, I've tried getting into the apps to see if maybe there's something there messing with it, I've tried what it said at the beginning of this thread to delete the cache.

I can try safe mode if it would help. Thanks. Will try that tomorrow and see if it does anything.

@SamsungAdam 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give this link a try: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34449

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKcTFmZ5ERk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've tried safe mode, it still doesn't work. What do you think the problem could be? I still think it's odd that it was after the latest update. Could that have been it? I hadn't had problems prior to that.

@SamsungAdam 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the solution for this thread?

0 Likes
userKcTFmZ5ERk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I don't know if all the steps,  I might've missed one somewhere,  but I did follow the ones most reference in this thread. Save for going into the mic and cleaning it as I don't have the tool to pry open the phone.  I also didn't find any apps that sounded similar to true caller.  Everything else I believe I've tried, yes.

@SamsungAdam 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give these steps a try: 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Sound Detectors>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Reset the device once you are finished with the steps provided.

0 Likes