JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 01-08-2017 11:42 AM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
userIZ1QEu80Pn
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Solution---  grab a sewing needle and there are 3 holes on the bottom of the phone, 1 is charging   2 is headphone jack, 3 LITTLE hole that is the microphone,  insert the needle there and drag it back along the sides  to clear the  whole of microscopic  debri from the hole that is blocking the sound to get to the mic.

0 Likes
user2cLVsa4wDK
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Members of my family (5) have the Samsung j3 emerge and we ALL have this problem consistently. Not only can the not hear us sometimes we cannot hear them.  It is not consistent nor do any trouble shooting tips tricks help.  It continues the same.  

This last week here are the issues we have had ... JUST in the last 5 days!. 

Phone 1: pages not loading, or multiple pages loading on top of each other so none are readable. 

Video, black screen but Audio heard.  Have to kill whatever app and try again. Main Apps, dish and YouTube 

Calls.  Take 2-3 calls until they can hear. 

Very so interface. 20-30 seconds per touch! Multiple restarts and battery removals.  

Phone 2: blue screen of death.  Frozen. Battery removal then ok for a few hours then it happened again. 

Video, black screen but Audio heard.  Have to kill whatever app and try again. Main App Youtube. 

Videos or webpages wouldn't load.  

Calls.  Take 2-3 calls until they can hear

Phone 3: 

Pages not loading correctly making it impossible to view 

Battery at 60% and phoned spontaneously turning off. Not turning back on. Battery removed. Would plug in and after about 1 hour  turn back on. 

Power off and on multiple times  (cycled) 

Video, black screen but Audio heard.  Have to kill whatever app and try again. Main App Youtube. 

Phone 4: 

All of the above! 

Saturday and Sunday system updates 4 times!  No service/network interuptions.  

Phone 5: 

Pages not loading correctly making it impossible to view 

Video, black screen but Audio heard.  Have to kill whatever app and try again. Main App Netflix

I think you get the point these phones are not working for us.  These issues have all been reported tho sprint.  Nothing done.  We are STUCK until May 2019! 

Saving money was why we got them however I don't see them being a cost affective choice!  Missing team iphone

😞

Sprint...Please Recall These phones and allow us to choose a phone of our choice.   

0 Likes
user64jBdqBG0A
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have never had an issue until I completed the software update 10 minutes ago.  

Is there any fix to the microphone issue?

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey Community! Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userXrQuDFVJkm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
how do we find out if it's a 3rd party app?
0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userXrQuDFVJkm

If you put your device in safe mode and the problem stops then it's certainly a 3rd party app. You can also go extreme and do a factory reset on the device. If everything works correctly then slowly adding back apps will let you know when everything goes wrong again and the most recently added back app can be taken back off.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user6PTMHo3lKV
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We have two idenditical Samsung Galaxy J3 Ecilipse phones; both purchased 11/20/2017: both setup excactly the same.   One works without any problems the other people say they can only here us intermittently......Any solutions yet

0 Likes
userjKlJ0rkq5l
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am having the same issue and have exchanged the phone 3 times with no change.  Is there anyone out there who can help?

0 Likes
userFrrnzgynVS
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have the same prob.now second j3 and both are the same.anyone managed a solution yet

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To our most recent posters, be sure to try the steps mentioned earlier in the thread. They did help some others and could help you too.  🙂

0 Likes