JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 07-10-2018 05:13 PM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

110 Replies
userFrrnzgynVS
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If anyone is still having a problem try this. All the problems relate to microphone going off as if it was muted..there is a function on the phone that muted it at different angles so go to settings and look for EASYMUTE.turn if off. Makes sense if you think about...seems to have worked for me..how have all the

experts on here not come up with this simple answer

0 Likes
userAKVFrKu4bL
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

J3- 2 months old no mic???  Works on bluetooth but not on phone mic, sent in repair they claim water damage said unrepairable????   Angry  

0 Likes
userJuva0v8Frm
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same issue - no one can hear me but I can hear them during a phone call.  Also, microphone not recording voice to text when messaging.  However, interesting note - the microphone records my voice if I record a voice message using Samsung Notes.  Sprint Store thought it was a software problem, and sent me to a Samsung Repair outlet. Samsung Repair outlet says it is a hardware problem after wiping the phone and re-installing software, still same problem.  Phone still under warranty, but clearly getting the run-around.   H E L P

0 Likes
userd7iefic1sE
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I had the same problem not long ago on my J3.Try switching to your back up account. When loved in on it.your mic should work ,however if you return to the previous account you problem may still exist.I would drop the old account after Setting up a replacement dont sync to your bad account or the same settings will apply after the switch.

I h

0 Likes
userd7iefic1sE
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I had the same problem not long ago on my J3.Try switching to your back up account. When loved in on it.your mic should work ,however if you return to the previous account you problem may still exist.I would drop the  loved in on it.your mic should work ,however if you return to the previous account you problem may still exist.I would drop the old account after Setting up a replacement dont sync to your bad account or the same settings will apply after the switch.

I had the same problem not long ago on my J3.Try switching to your back up account. When loved in on it.your mic should work ,however if you return to the previous account you problem may still exist.I would drop the  loved in on it.your mic should work ,however if you return to the previous account you problem may still exist.I would drop the old account after Setting up a replacement dont sync to your bad account or the same settings will apply after the switch.

0 Likes
userJuva0v8Frm
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had the same exact problem after purchasing Samsung J3 Emerge.  Took the phone back to Sprint in Newburgh, NY, they said it might be a software problem.  After them wiping the phone and reinstalling everything, the microphone still did not work.  Then I took the phone to UBreakIFix (a Authorized Samsung Repair place) in White Plains, who said it is a hardware problem.  While still under warranty, I was advised by Samsung to send it to their main office in Texas. Which I did.  In 5 days, I received the phone back with a 'tiny' note stating the phone was unable to be fixed"  no elaboration, no further note.  That's all it said.  So, I called Texas and was told that "I" tried to remove the 'motherboard', and he said that violated my warranty.  After telling Samsung I never opened the phone except to remove the battery, I got the big heev-ho and was told 'the phone cannot be fixed'.   Samsung's Warranty is absolutely useless and I strongly urge everyone here to NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT !!  SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG !

0 Likes
userrURiNFa5fI
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Mone doing the same how do i fix it can you help what u put its doing it to me too help me plz 

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give this a shot; 

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Sound Detectors>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Reset the device once you are finished with the steps provided.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYrlodUIMlM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i can't find the Sound Dectector in the apps when I clicked the "show system apps" Could it be called something else?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @userrURiNFa5fI, just following up to see if the steps I provided were helpful?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes