JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 03-23-2017 06:36 PM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

110 Replies
userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

These apps worked on my Samsung Galaxy S3 for several years.  So something is different about the Samsung  J3.    I do not know if is the hardware, or the software, or something in the software that tells the hardware what to do.  But something is different and incompatible.

I understand the difference between Safe Mode and regular.  I do not have many apps on the phone.  I do not have any that I do not use.

SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I completely understand where you're coming from. The difference between those two devices could make all the worlds difference if any specific applications did not make a reliable version that is compatible with it. That's the only reason I brought up the Safe Mode thing, since that does in fact point directly to Third Party Apps being behind it. If you could get me a list of the apps you're using, I can find some time myself to look into any compatibility issues that might be there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

useryJhsi3HoPp
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good day SamsungMarcos 

I use a Samsung J3 pro and I have been using it for the past 4 months with no problem but recently i noticed that my microphone has a problem. When I try record a video there is no sound in the video. With a phone the person calling or the person I called cannot hear me. I have reset my phone but nothing seems to working. I'm not sure if its a hardware problem but my microphone was working just fine before and I didnt do anything to the phone that can damage the microphone in any way. Please can you get back to me with possible solutions of what I can do.

Thank You

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@useryJhsi3HoPp Does this still happen in safe mode?

0 Likes
useryJhsi3HoPp
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

how do you go into safe mode on safe mode on samsung j3 pro

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@useryJhsi3HoPp 

1. Press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed, and then touch and hold Power off until Safe mode is displayed.
    2. Touch Safe mode to start your phone in Safe mode.
    3. If you have a security feature set up on the phone, you'll be required to enter your credentials once the phone reboots.
    4. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.
0 Likes
userVarlHdWE6V
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a galaxy sol with this same problem.  I exchanged the phone twice at best buy and every phone had this problem from the start,  without me downloading any apps. It doesn't happen in safe mode so it had to be an app that it comes with.  I love this phone except for this and would love to find a fix. 

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That's super strange. While on call next time, could you try toggling speaker mode on and see if they still can't hear like before? If it's fine, switch back to regular microphone and let me know if it clears it up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Per my comment above, I have had some success when I turn the speaker on then off. Not always, but most of the time that fixes the issue for that call.

I have not yet tried turning the speaker on and leaving it on for the call but I will try to find an opportunity to do that. I usually don't use the speakerphone in public... bad manners.
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If i turn speakers on then off it fixes it for that call. But must do it on every call

0 Likes