JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 03-24-2017 11:00 AM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

110 Replies
userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
P.S. I've also tried it with no protective case on the phone. Sometimes the call works, sometimes not. You get the picture.
userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
P.P.S. I think it is something to do with the volume control because about half of the time, the person on the other end can hear me if I yell. They say it is still very soft and tinny, as if I am far away in a tin drum and sometimes, total silence (as if muted).
userT8NnTmGdGo
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am having the same problem. Did they tell you what the problem was??

Mvs6464@gmail.com

userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No

I sent a longer reply to this yesterday but it didn't get posted about what steps were suggested to me.

userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No

I sent a longer reply to this yesterday but it didn't get posted about what steps were suggested to me.
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Our filter might have picked something up. So it's not the mic itself not working properly, but something where it's in that specific call mode. I'm going to see what I can find out about how that software changes when between those two modes. If it was physically the mic, it wouldn't pick it up at all while in speaker mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I very much look forward to anything you can find out.  Thank you

IsaacAG
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here, when making calls the mic is disabled until you tap the speaker twice. Problably fixable via an  update. When can we expect a fix? A lot of people across several threads are dealing with the J3's mic problems.

userT9EJOBFV6d
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have spent quite a bit of time messaging, testing, messaging with samsung support on this... they were very cordial, and fairly quick on response times between/during the various tests over the past two days.  I did tell them that there was a lot of discussion on their thread here.

It's a long long long story, but in short here are the bottomlines:

1.  "...there is not a known issue on this exact model related to what you reported to us.  We treat each case being brought to our attention individually."

2.  The microphone did not fail on a multiple-call test when the phone was in Safe Mode.

Extremely disappointed in the outcome as 'use the phone in Safe Mode if it fails again' was the implied solution and 'let us know if it fails again'.  So I believe I will be sending them a message in the next day or two when it fails again.  

Happy to share any more detail with anyone interested.   I will update this thread as more info comes in.  

SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Wait, so if it worked perfectly fine while in Safe Mode, this would mean that a third party app is the culprit behind this. Did they not explain that to you? Safe Mode disables all third party applications and let's your phone run on all it's default system settings. This means somewhere in your apps, something is interfering with it. Finding out which one is the harder part though.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.