JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone doesn't work on a start of a phone call Galaxy J3

(Topic created: 01-08-2017 11:42 AM)
user7VJR8KTf2b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I answer or make a phone call, people can't hear what I'm saying. Its like the microphone is off. If I turn on and off the speakerphone then the regular microphone will work fine.. It only does it at the start of a phone call. Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userAgcqKq43q6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I also can make and receive calls where I hear them but they can't hear me.

My model number is:

SAMSUNG-SM-J320A

My Baseband Version is:

J320AUCS3BQL2

Today is the first time this has happened.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does this occur on all calls? Were you able to verify that the calls were not muted? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userCbryA8J39W
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am also facing the same issue. Please help

mic will only be in functional whilst using  speaker or hear phones, then only others can hear. 

0 Likes
SamsungMel
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I want to look further into this matter for you guys. Can you all provide your exact model number, carrier & Baseband versions please?
Also, please verify if you've gone through the following steps:

• Soft reset
  • Tested in Safe Mode to eliminate third party apps
  • Cleared your app cache
  • Cleared cache partition
  • Backed up & tested the phone with a factory reset
  • Reached out to support to set up a hardware evaluation/repair

Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user2VAWBnnMiW
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After a lot of debugging with Rogers (in Canada) with no solution, this thread sounds like exactly the issue I am having.

Intermittent "I can't hear you" calls when I dial-out only.  (Incoming seem fine).

I've tried a physical ear-piece, it's the same. (I haven't tried blue-tooth)

I'm currently using a NEW phone from Rogers, with default software installation, and it is occasionally happening.

Currently I'm trying another suggestion to switch to GSM-only instead of with LTE.   

This is very frustrating.

userSPyt0Qyrej
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have certainly tried both hard and soft reset, but I have no idea how to test it in Safe Mode, how to clear the app cache, clear a cache partition (whatever that is), back up and test the phone with a factory reset, or how to reach out to support to set up a hardware evaluation/repair.
0 Likes
userSPyt0Qyrej
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
In addition to what I said above, we thought the problem may have been with our service provider, viz., Consumer Cellular. They were sympathetic to the problem but said that they could not discover anything in their protocols that might have led to the problem. After 30 days Samsung would not warrant the phone so they could not take it back.
0 Likes
user52M5wKKNGm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have just been given a Samsung J320A (2016), Android version is 6.0.1.  I also have the AT&T address book on it, and whilst in the force stop/disable screen of it found that it also had access to my phone, contacts & sms - after I took away access to the phone, contacts & sms and then tested making a call to my landline, I saw that the problem had gone.  Previously to this, the only way I could be heard when making and receiving calls was to turn the loudspeaker on and then off on answering.

0 Likes
userJuva0v8Frm
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had the same issue with a non-working microphone on the JC Emerge purchased at a Sprint store. While under warranty, I was advised to seek a authorized Samsung repair shop, UFIXIT in White Plains, NY.  After them re-setting the phone, they determined it was a hardware issue and so, I had to send the phone to Samsung in Texas.  After a week, i got the phone back in the mail, with a note that the phone cannot be fixed (no other explanation).  I called Samsung in Texas and they said someone had lifted the Motherboard, thus violating the warranty.  I wish I knew at 63 yrs. of age how to get a motherboard out.... I argued my point that I never lifted a Motherboard which fell on deaf ears.  I'm still paying for a phone I cannot use.  Lesson learned -- NEVER BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS !!!!

0 Likes