JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mirror my A32 5G to my TV with a USB-C to HDMI cable

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 04:25 PM)
annfuller
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have an A32 5G that I would like to mirror to my TV. I do not have home WIFI, so I must use a cable. I've found that the common USB-C to HDMI cable will not work with the A32 because the A32 does not support MHL. However, I have seen some claims that if you get an MHL USB-C to HDMI cable, it will work. Does anyone know if this is true? I am not trying to view any subscriptions like Netflix, etc. I know it probably won't work with that. I would only like to view pictures, files, videos, etc. on a larger screen. I have a smart TV and a not-so-smart TV.

I found a seller online with a cable that listed compatible devices including A10, A20, A30, A50, so I'm assuming the A32 would be compatible also. Am I wrong on this?

Thanks for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Frbky
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Budget Samsung devices generally don't support any kind of video out via USB. It's a hardware limitation; the USB port isn't capable of video output. You'd need a flagship or enterprise device for that.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Hittman276
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you have a smart TV you don't need a HDMI cable you should screen mirror from your phone by going to you wifi settings and go to Advance and hit wifi direct. That is how I screen mirror my A13 5G. Hope this helpsšŸ‘
annfuller
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well, I've found the Wifi Direct on my phone, but it doesn't show the tv (a Vizio) as an "available device". However, when I go to my tv settings, I can go to "mobile devices" and it says that my phone is paired with the tv. Is that what I am supposed to accomplish with the Wifi Direct?Assuming the phone and tv are really paired, how then do I mirror my screen? Is there a setting on the phone for that? You're dealing with a technologic dweeb here, lol, so I apologize for all the questions. I appreciate this suggestion and I'm hoping this eventually works!

Update: @Hittman276  After talking to Vizio support, they say my model doesn't support Wifi Direct (I don't know whether to believe them or not....). So, I'm back to looking at cables. Sigh....

0 Likes
user4ummkhVW4w
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I
0 Likes
Solution
Frbky
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Budget Samsung devices generally don't support any kind of video out via USB. It's a hardware limitation; the USB port isn't capable of video output. You'd need a flagship or enterprise device for that.