Original topic:

Missing pictures in Messages

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 03:31 AM)
PEteacher1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a Samsung A71. Suddenly,  every picture sent and received in all my Messages feed have disappeared! In the place of each picture is a large grey square with a circle and exclamation mark (!) Inside the circle. Interestingly, all pictures sent/received after 3 days ago are showing. 
How can I retrieve this photos? I have auto backup on my device. Any suggestions? Samsung support couldn't figure it out.

4 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sounds like your memory is low. So much so that your phone doesn't have enough space to render the images that are there. Try cleaning up your cache files and offloading the majority of photo backups to the cloud, SD card, and/or PC. If your phone dies, you could lose them otherwise.

Also, delete old text messages and free up some space there.
PEteacher1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks. I am not very tech-savvy. I thought my data including Messages photos were already backed up in the cloud. Is this not true? On a side note...two days ago all my messages feed with my husband and children (consumes most of my texting) disappeared. Speaking with ATT I was instructed to "restore data". Everything returned. However, could that have taken up a lot of my memory?
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If Dan's suggestion doesn't help resolve the issue, then you could submit error report to Samsung Members to check what else could have cause this issue.

as for restoring data, I think it's possible as it brings back a lot of the older things while the current ones still remain. 

0 Likes
PEteacher1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks to both you and Dan.
0 Likes