cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

Moisture detected in charging port

Hello community,

This question has been posted around a few times, but the answers were never satisfying for me. I keep getting the message 'Moisture detected in charging port'. This prevents me from charging my phone.

I have tried to dry it, didn't work. Since I was sure it was not wet anymore, I found a workaround to charge it in 'safe mode'. (restarting with volume down pressed). Here the message doesn't show and I can charge. After this charging I was able to charge normally again as well, but after a few days the notification returned. I have done the trick a few times now, but it starts to get annoying. I have used several charging cables and the message just popped-up with no moist near my phone, so I am sure it is not related to that.

Is this a problem with my charging port or could it be a software problem? If so, is there a way to block the moisture message on my own risk?

Almost forgot to tell, I am using a 1,5 year old Galaxy A8 (2018) with android 8.0.0.

9 REPLIES 9
userGxXH23lvTs
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

This is a hardware issue. You'll need to upgrade or repair your phone.

userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

But how do you explain it does function in safe mode directly? It clearly is not completely broken, is there a way to turn off the moisture protection?

userU5eAXpEjMk
Constellation

Another workaround is to buy a wireless charger. This happened to my daughter's phone and it totally works.

userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

Thank you for your reply. That was what I was considering also, but first I want to try and fix it without spending money. Does your daughters phone keep showing the message always now?

MITEECS
Cosmic Ray

Try clearing USB cache

userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

I tried that now, it is charging at the moment. Let see if it lasts or it is just like the 'safe mode' that it is only temporarily. Thanks for your response!

userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

Didn't work, it is back again.

userG2SzMoalTw
Constellation

I found a temporary solution.

1. Insert USB-charger and ignore notification and alerts.
2. Restart phone and keep charger in.

3. It is charging now

4. The stupid thing returns after removing the charger anyway, making it work but not a solution.

Samsung_IsRcJfX
Astronaut

This seems to be a common problem with this phone so it should be fixed by Samsung. FOR FREE.