Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @AaronS and @Zbison, thank you for reaching out to us regarding this, and welcome to the Community. I can certainly understand the inconvenience of the Settings app crashing. The first thing recommended to try is a device cache clear. This will help improve behavior of the device, much like a spring-cleaning. The steps to do so are:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
If Settings still crashes when accessing More Connections settings, you should see if a third-party application is responsible for the behavior. Use this guide for Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
If it is still crashing under Safe Mode, it may be time to try a factory reset. Follow this guide carefully, and back up any files you do not wish to lose: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If after completing the factory reset the More Connections continues to cause crashes, please submit an error report to provide information to the developers. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/
If the troubleshooting is not helpful, the phone will need to be evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
I'm having the same issue on my A52 following the latest update. I've followed all the steps you've suggested except for the factory reset, and selecting the "More connection settings" still crashes. It's like the option doesn't know where to point to.
This is obviously causing issues, since I have to be able to turn my VPN on and off depending on what I'm doing at any particular moment.
Is there anyone in the development team looking into this?