cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Moving apps to SD card

Ooops.  Please hold up, Sjois.  I was looking for info on the incorrect phone.  Have Galaxy Notes on the brain.  My apologies.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I think I found a post by you on Google regarding your phone and sd card?

Unfortunately, I am so sorry that I cannot find any information to help you.  I hope you find a solution!

Have you tried moving apps to your sd card in Safe Mode?  

I read that if you decide to reformat your sd card, please move the files from your sd card to your computer before reformatting the sd card.  

I also read that someone removed their SIM card and the phone was able to use external storage.  ??  Although the SIM card and external storage are not connected, you could try it.  I used to do have to do this because the Note9 would be unregistered on the network (aggravating, lol).  

Remove SIM card:

1.  Turn your phone off

2.  Remove SIM card

3.  Wait 10 seconds before turning phone on

4.  Reinsert SIM card and check to see if you can move apps to your sd card

source:  Techlector

Please keep us posted, and good luck!  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

Yes I have asked several communities. Haven't tried Safe Mode yet to be honest. Will try later today.
I contacted the store again and now they are offering to switch the phone. So within a few days I will receive a new one.
I will try a totally new SD card (once more) and if that doesn't help I will send the phone back to the supplier and I will receive a new one within a few days. Hopefully that solves the problem. If not.....it is a firmware thing and I have to deal with it.
Anyhow, many thanks for your effort to find a solution. Once I know more I will update you!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Good luck, and you are very welcome!  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

I tried a brand new SD card but as expected it wasn't a solution. I have sent back the phone to the supplier and they will send a new one to me later this week.

Will keep you updated!

Asteroid

Hi! Received my new phone today. Installed it and, of course, was able to move apps to the SD card. After doing that with candy crush I restarted the phone and again the app was totally gone from the phone. I tried to move another app to the SD card and got again the message "not enough storage space". Since this is a brand new phone I think it is something in the software but it is not fully developed. I assume that, with the next update, the option to move apps will be totally gone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Don't know

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Moving apps to SD card A51

You are not alone in this. I recently purchased an A51 and I get the exact same error message when I try to move apps to my SD card