Original topic:

Multimedia messages coming in individually

(Topic created: 10-15-2021 02:11 PM)
LuluJ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just did an update on my Galaxy A51 and now my multimedia messages are coming in as individual messages. Instead of coming in listed under the whole group. I have the group conversations setting turned on under multimedia messages but it made no difference.  I tried toggling it a few times and restarting my phone.  Still no difference. 
1 Reply
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your MMS coming individually, and can see how that might be annoying. First, have you tried Safe Mode? It can help indicate if a third-party application may be to blame: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Also wiping the cache partition can help clear up some misbehavior. The steps are:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, you can try a factory data reset. Before doing this, make sure to back up any data you do not wish to lose, as a factory data reset WILL erase all data still on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes