cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

My A20 keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy SM-A205U keeps moving my APPS back into the internal phone storage after I move them on to my SD card!! Why?? I've swear I've moved them back to my SD card 50 times or more, and then for whatever reason (I'm thinking when I restart my phone, but I don't know) a few days or a few weeks later I'll get a notification that my storage is low on my phone and I should delete unused apps and/or files. So I'll go to my apps, start going thru all 286 of them one by one manually moving the ones that have the option to move from the internal storage to the external storage, free up space JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN days or weeks later. I'm going to cry or lose my mind or possibly both if I can't get this figured out and stop it from happening!! PLEASE help me!! Please. Thanks in advance!! 😊 

PS - Yes, I have formatted my SD Card, I've mounted my SD Card, and I've set my SD Card to be the default location for downloads, storage, etc.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Galaxy phone keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apps have to be installed directly to Internal Storage first before you can use the Move to SD feature. When the app is updated, the app has to be moved back to Phone Storage first in order for the update to occur, since you're essentially reinstalling the app. I can't say why Android's developers didn't include a feature to automatically move the app back to SD, though, but it's relatively straightforward to go back to the Settings>Apps menu and tap the Move to SD button again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Do you experience these symptoms immediately after the app is updated?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam Honestly, I can't pinpoint when it's actually happening. It seems like it's when I reboot my phone, but I'm not sure. I haven't noticed it after the apps upd

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam how do I do that?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem I find its when they have been updated on the play store its giving me the hump I've come from iPhone never had this problem 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would say it does. Right when it updates. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this issue with the last 2 samsung phones I purchased..  This is very frustrating. I am having to move my apps currently at least once a day, if not more..  I am ready to venture out and try something new.. 

This has been going on for years!!! Personally, I would have thought there should have been a solution to the problem by now.. 

Maybe time to avoid Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, it is extremely frustrating to keep having to move apps back to the SD card.  Would also be nice if there was an option to filter the list based on storage location.  Not all apps move back and it is a giant pain to click on each app to see where currently stored.  Been an issue for an awfully long time it is a shame it hasn't been fixed yet.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Developer options>force apps on external storage