cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: My Galaxy phone keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the only Developer Options that I show available.This is the only Developer Options that I show available.@The-dino I don't have or I'm not seeing that option available. 🤔

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine only does that when the apps update....I got tired and just gave up

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DJSTORMX I wish that I wasn't a crazy lady so that my OCD would allow me to do that, as well as, I wish my phone had more Internal storage to handle my obsession with apps. 🤪

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3sddwecl8p wrote:

My Samsung Galaxy SM-A205U keeps moving my APPS back into the internal phone storage after I move them on to my SD card!! Why?? I've swear I've moved them back to my SD card 50 times or more, and then for whatever reason (I'm thinking when I restart my phone, but I don't know) a few days or a few weeks later I'll get a notification that my storage is low on my phone and I should delete unused apps and/or files. So I'll go to my apps, start going thru all 286 of them one by one manually moving the ones that have the option to move from the internal storage to the external storage, free up space JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN days or weeks later. I'm going to cry or lose my mind or possibly both if I can't get this figured out and stop it from happening!! PLEASE help me!! Please. Thanks in advance!! 😊 

PS - Yes, I have formatted my SD Card, I've mounted my SD Card, and I've set my SD Card to be the default location for downloads, storage, etc.

@user3sddwecl8p 

Do these apps get updated via Play Store when this happens?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak Yes. Most, if not all, are updated via the Play Store.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem.  It happens right after an app updates.  I have had to make a list of all apps that I keep on external storage.  Every time the phone updates I check those apps and move the ones back that have updated.   This never happened on my old Android 4 phone.

The problem seems to be with an option that came up statrting with Android 6.  They added the option to format the external SD card as internal storage.  Apparently Samsung does not support this option.  Android expects that if you have apps on the external card that it is formatted as internal storage.  That seems to be why they keep moving back.  There is no option in the format external card on my phone to make the card internal storage.  I know people say that doing this would slow the phone to the speed of the external card but constantly moving the apps back is rediculous.

@Charkatak wrote:

@user3sddwecl8p wrote:

My Samsung Galaxy SM-A205U keeps moving my APPS back into the internal phone storage after I move them on to my SD card!! Why?? I've swear I've moved them back to my SD card 50 times or more, and then for whatever reason (I'm thinking when I restart my phone, but I don't know) a few days or a few weeks later I'll get a notification that my storage is low on my phone and I should delete unused apps and/or files. So I'll go to my apps, start going thru all 286 of them one by one manually moving the ones that have the option to move from the internal storage to the external storage, free up space JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN days or weeks later. I'm going to cry or lose my mind or possibly both if I can't get this figured out and stop it from happening!! PLEASE help me!! Please. Thanks in advance!! 😊 

PS - Yes, I have formatted my SD Card, I've mounted my SD Card, and I've set my SD Card to be the default location for downloads, storage, etc.

@user3sddwecl8p 

Do these apps get updated via Play Store when this happens?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel your pain as mine has done same for over a year or more. Its after updates Even if you have Set for manual updates to prevent the Havoc created when apps update they still more back its incredibly frustrating !

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3sddwecl8p 

I wonder if all apps that you moved to SD card are moved back to internal or some?

So test it:  Make sure a particular app or apps are on SD Card, make sure that some of these apps have an update available in the Play Store.  Update an app or two and check to see if the app got moved. 

If it did then you know it would happen right after the update.  If it doesn't, restart your device and check again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: After some help from others here in the Community, and some experiments with updating a few of the apps that I had moved to my SD card, yet again, it seems that several people were right about it happening after the apps are updated. So now my question is....WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT?? Thank you all that have responded and helped and/or sympathized with me. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No fix yet? 😔