JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My A70 screen timeout not working

(Topic created: 05-29-2020 11:54 AM)
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I push the Shutdown Bottom, my phone can't go to sleep but keep turning to the lock screen.I've restarted a lot to times, but not working. In Setting, it says Timeout in 15 seconds but It has keep being bright for 3 hours .

userHdCT3ZjE5P
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the exact same situation with my phone 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can you please provide me with the model code for your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMKDZwsW3jg
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SM-A705FN/DS. Same problem. Phone screen won't turn off and phone overheats since last software update. What can I do?

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

This forum is for the support of US products and customers.

As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. 

You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Thanks! *Zell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1V3kYEx4Z5
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Samsung A70 screen time out is not working, what shall I do, pls help

0 Likes
Samsung_wBCIF4a
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your advice. But it doesn't work. My phone still can't go to sleep. And Androd system shows: USB connector disconnected and connected again and again just as before.

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Hey there!

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Thank you for your advice. But it doesn't work. My phone still can't go to sleep. And Androd system shows: USB connector disconnected and connected again and again just as before.

0 Likes
user6cID7HJU0A
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is not working. It is clear this phone has a problem and we need samsung to fix it. there are hundreds of posts with this problem on the internet.  Samsung please FIX IT.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userKb1qxdOAr5 Have you tried the previously listed troubleshooting steps listed?

0 Likes
userpHwokaJG5c
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same thing is happening with my Samsung A70. Started a few weeks ago. I have tried the solution provided but it does not help. The screen only turns off/ times out when it is plugged in. 

usertpIvGbRzrN
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is exactly my problem too, I've seen lots of posts about it and it seems to be a general issue: Phone doesn't turn off with screen time out, nor lock button, only when is plugged in to a power source and a notification appears @MrZell 

@userpHwokaJG5c wrote:

Same thing is happening with my Samsung A70. Started a few weeks ago. I have tried the solution provided but it does not help. The screen only turns off/ times out when it is plugged in. 

0 Likes