JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My A70 screen timeout not working

(Topic created: 11-13-2019 08:12 AM)
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When I push the Shutdown Bottom, my phone can't go to sleep but keep turning to the lock screen.I've restarted a lot to times, but not working. In Setting, it says Timeout in 15 seconds but It has keep being bright for 3 hours .

32 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When did the issue start? Did you install any apps that would keep the phone from turning off the screen?

0 Likes
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It started on yesterday afternoon after I took school bus home.On the school bus I was listening to the music and taking a nap. I've scanned the phone in smart manage, it said Secure.So I don't know if something wrong with the apps.

0 Likes
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

By the way,in notification Android System shows USB connector connected and change to disconnected and change to connected again and again.It started yesterday afternoon too.I don't know how to fix it.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there!

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

0 Likes
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your advice. But it doesn't work. My phone still can't go to sleep. And Androd system shows: USB connector disconnected and connected again and again just as before.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you have any power saving mode enabled on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKb1qxdOAr5
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No,I don't use any power saving mode. Instead, the power drops so quickly even when I don't use it. And my cell phone get hot easily. When it is about to die, it shows:pease turn off the USB OTG to save power.  I don't have any USB connected ,but it keep showing .I can't see that cearly because it is intermittent.

Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userKb1qxdOAr5 wrote:

No,I don't use any power saving mode. Instead, the power drops so quickly even when I don't use it. And my cell phone get hot easily. When it is about to die, it shows:pease turn off the USB OTG to save power.  I don't have any USB connected ,but it keep showing .I can't see that cearly because it is intermittent.

Are you using any portable battery chargers when this issue is happening?

Is the usb port in good shape?  No dirt, dust?  Blow it out is there is any.  Try to plug in a good usb charging cable.

After doing the above and it isn't resolved, see if this helps:

How to get into recovery mode in Galaxy A70

• Switch off the phone using the power key.
  • Press and hold Volume up and power key at the same time.
  • Release the keys once you see the Logo.
  • Press Volume up button to get into the recovery mode.

Wipe cache partition in Galaxy A70

• In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options.
  • Select “Wipe Cache Partition”.
  • You need to provide your consent for going to next step by selecting “Yes”.
  • Reboot the device once the wipe cache partition process is complete.

userHdCT3ZjE5P
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've tried to do this but nothing seems to happen