cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My Galaxy A20 keeps switching itself on while it is locked

My Galaxy A20 keeps switching itself on while it is locked. Several times it has started a radio program and sometimes i even find it is in Settings! It has even dialed a phone number. 

But that is not all.  I would also like to know how to stop the pull-down menu when it is locked.

All help appreciated. (I'm tech-savvy but over 70!).

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Comet

Re: My Galaxy A20 keeps switching itself on while it is locked

Your phone may have been hacked. backup data, reset and possibly get a new number if possible.
Highlighted
Constellation

Maybe my phone on mutton gets accidentally tripped in my pocket.  My main concern is that I would like to know how to stop the pull-down menu when it is locked. This seems to be a feature but I have never found how to switch it on or off.  Once the phone starts, I think this is my main problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

Obviously Button, not mutton ! Sorry!

Highlighted
Constellation

Still no answer yet! - I guess I'll just have to live with the inconvenience (and risk!). - Glen

Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: My Galaxy A20 keeps switching itself on while it is locked

See what the side key/Bixby key is set to: settings->advance features->side key. what you described doesn't usually happen accidentally. backup your phone and reset it (if you know how to do it safely). you may contact a service center for assistance.
Highlighted
Constellation

You may need to turn off Double tap to wake off. Search in your device setting Double tap to wake.