Original topic:

My Galaxy A53 is signing in as a s22?

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 12:24 PM)
Oldsnik
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, my chair ate my phone and insurance replaced it with a rebuilt a53 sg 

Great except it signs in as an s22 and im thinking its me because the timimg is right, but is it really someone else trying to get into me. Thanks SO much for any answers,Samsung has none.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Summest
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Oldsnik , What do you mean by "it signs in as an S22" ?

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Oldsnik
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok,my A53 Samsung shows up along with an s22, which I've never owned.Where? Google. This happens after I owned A53, not before. I change pw,s over and over...2step verify, etc.l sent a SCREEN SHOT to you after you didn't know where it signs in. Google thinks Samsung security problem
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sometimes Google gets confused with devices.  Your account shows historically which devices have signed into your account, when and where.  You can sign out any devices you don't recognize (there's an option next to it).  Worst that happens, if you sign out a wrong device, you will have to sign back in when you are on said device.  

I know this, because when I was checking my account after I got my new phone, I saw different devices that I do not have or do not have any longer currently signed in and signed in at places and times after I got rid of said devices.  I just simply signed the devices that I didn't recognize out--I think I also had an option to change the password on said devices. You can also see where the unrecognized device is currently located.  If it shows that it is where you currently are, then it is your current phone and google is just senile.

0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing, where are you looking that you see an S22 signed in? Your tags mention Xfinity, so I'm guessing it's something to do with your wireless network? If you want to be sure that a signed in device is really yours, check the IP address the Xfinity is showing for that device, and compare it to the one shown in your phone's Settings app. If they're the same, that's you, so don't worry about it.
0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Settings > About phone > Status information, specifically, is where you can see your phone's IP address.
0 Likes
Oldsnik
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for answering. Yes it's Google that warns about activity by phoned and tablets that I don't own, never did. Xfinity mentioned because same phone on Verizon ...no problem. I have no such warnings with 25 yrs cell use prior.
0 Likes
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Anytime you're seeing unrecognized activity on your Google account, the safest thing to do is to sign out all other devices except the one you're using (there's a link for that in the security center on your account), then change your password. Even if the activity was something you configured, you'll know when it asks you to sign in again with the new password.
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I once found I had a Pixel phone connected to Google.  Turns out my mobile emulator set itself up as a Pixel.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Oldsnik
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks to everyone for replying.I signed out s22, changed to double secret PW,etc. and yet when I open an app ...Capital One bank it shows s22 installed. No a53 and as far as where it signed in, I have Nord so it shows as where Nord fastest is,never near me.
0 Likes