cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3sddwecl8p
Asteroid

My Galaxy phone keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

My Samsung Galaxy SM-A205U keeps moving my APPS back into the internal phone storage after I move them on to my SD card!! Why?? I've swear I've moved them back to my SD card 50 times or more, and then for whatever reason (I'm thinking when I restart my phone, but I don't know) a few days or a few weeks later I'll get a notification that my storage is low on my phone and I should delete unused apps and/or files. So I'll go to my apps, start going thru all 286 of them one by one manually moving the ones that have the option to move from the internal storage to the external storage, free up space JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN days or weeks later. I'm going to cry or lose my mind or possibly both if I can't get this figured out and stop it from happening!! PLEASE help me!! Please. Thanks in advance!! 😊 

PS - Yes, I have formatted my SD Card, I've mounted my SD Card, and I've set my SD Card to be the default location for downloads, storage, etc.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Galaxy phone keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

Thank you for reaching out. Do you experience these symptoms immediately after the app is updated?

user3sddwecl8p
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam Honestly, I can't pinpoint when it's actually happening. It seems like it's when I reboot my phone, but I'm not sure. I haven't noticed it after the apps upd

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

user3sddwecl8p
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam how do I do that?

userd3tUTcqL8M
Astronaut

I would say it does. Right when it updates. 

The-dino
Halo

Developer options>force apps on external storage

user3sddwecl8p
Asteroid

Screenshot_20191024-025123_Accessibility.jpgThis is the only Developer Options that I show available.@The-dino I don't have or I'm not seeing that option available. 🤔

DJSTORMX
Cosmic Ray

Mine only does that when the apps update....I got tired and just gave up

user3sddwecl8p
Asteroid

@DJSTORMX I wish that I wasn't a crazy lady so that my OCD would allow me to do that, as well as, I wish my phone had more Internal storage to handle my obsession with apps. 🤪