cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My Galaxy phone keeps moving my APPS back to internal storage, WHY?????

This same thing has been happening to me for months.  I get messages saying I'm running out of storage, so I move apps to the SD card and then suddenly they end up back in internal storage and I'm low on storage space.  Coincidentally, at the same time I get a lot of pop ups from Samsung advertising the new S10.  I guarantee this is being done intentionally by Samsung (or at least they aren't interested in fixing it).  I can't believe I'm saying this, but makes me seriously consider moving to Apple.  Wow.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here! This is ridicoulous! There should an option than when the app allows it, Android puts it automatically in the SD card. Should not even be that difficult to add in a next version of the OS. Move your, Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

Is there any fix to this yet? I am so sick of manually moving my apps back and constantly being low on storage when I have more than enough room on my sd card. Really love this phone, but two more times away from switching. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Having this problem on both my Galaxy S8+ and my Galaxy Tab S4. What good is having a microSD slot if I can't use it for apps? My media is stored on cloud, so I don't need the SD card for that. I used to tell all the Apple fans how I just upgraded my phone to 192gb for $40. Now I look stupid because I can't even use that extra 128gb. 

Been a Samsung fan since the Galaxy S3. Is it time for me to leave Samsung? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Obviously Samsung has no fix and no plans to fix it as it would be a relatively easy software fix. Also if there was a solution they would discuss it here. Other than the obvious silence I notice when the techs respond to a question there is no remedy they ask questions and then vanish. When something as simple as this is left open and unanswered then they must not have any plans for a fix. I susoect this is so people feel obligated to upgrade their phones to get more internal storage. Perhaps there is a solution with a third party or developer hack. Besides the horrendous customer service this silence reveals they rather tolerate unhappy clients than cross their equally horrendous Marketing Dept. After ten years and probably 30 phones I will not by another till I know they have a resolution for this <edit>. I urge all consumers to do the same and maybe they will change

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Apps have to be installed directly to Internal Storage first before you can use the Move to SD feature. When the app is updated, the app has to be moved back to Phone Storage first in order for the update to occur, since you're essentially reinstalling the app. I can't say why Android's developers didn't include a feature to automatically move the app back to SD, though, but it's relatively straightforward to go back to the Settings>Apps menu and tap the Move to SD button again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Relatively straightforward?? Yeah, maybe in theory but it's a pain in the  to keep having to keep a list or whatever of the apps that do it, check every time if there has been an update (or manually update every time), and thrn go through all the apps to move them back.

There is a big gap between 'straightforward' and actually logical or even easy