JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Samsung A51 does not have any recording options.

(Topic created: 06-28-2021 06:22 PM)
RedneckMasterpiece
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My Samsung A51 lacks any recording options when I click the 3 dots in the phone app. How do I resolve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedneckMasterpiece
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Actually, the Samsung native dialer is supposed to have an auto recording feature. The service reps have, as of yet, been unable to figure out why mine is missing (as pictured in the above screenshot). Also, while federal law may allow for one-party consent, some states follow the two party law, wherein both people must consent to the recording.Screenshot_20210629-033641_Chrome_10261.jpg

View solution in context

7 Replies
RedneckMasterpiece
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is my screenshotScreenshot_20210628-201452_Call settings.jpg
Options
Other Mobile Devices
By downloading a call recorder.

No phone comes standard with the option of recording a phone call.

Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation. Furthermore, if you are not a party to the conversation, a "one-party consent" law will allow you to record the conversation or phone call so long as your source consents and has full knowledge that the communication will be recorded.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Android

Download and install Automatic Call Recorder.Whenever you make or receive phone calls, the app will automatically start recording calls. You can turn this off by tapping the three dots icon on the top-right > Settings > Record calls > Off.You can select the format of recordings.

Another option for recording calls on Android is to use Google Voice. With Google Voice, you can access smart calling across your devices, as well as access voicemail and, yes, even record calls. You'll start by creating a Google Voice number and routing that number to your Android phone under the right conditions
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Any information on good and free call recording for Galaxy A21 would be extremely appreciated! Illegal things are happening to me and my children due to landlords. They have violated many laws in my state and I must protect me and my baby boys from their illegality. Please help!
0 Likes
Solution
RedneckMasterpiece
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Actually, the Samsung native dialer is supposed to have an auto recording feature. The service reps have, as of yet, been unable to figure out why mine is missing (as pictured in the above screenshot). Also, while federal law may allow for one-party consent, some states follow the two party law, wherein both people must consent to the recording.Screenshot_20210629-033641_Chrome_10261.jpg

View solution in context

DeeBeeEss
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Regardless what support says, I suspect the feature is being phased out. It's not available on my Note 9, either. I have the same limited option set shown in your original screen shot. Such is Android.
RedneckMasterpiece
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I don't know why they'd phase that out. I understand that some regions don't allow phone recording, but it is a feature that should be region locked. Where I live, the law is one party consent. I'm forced to use a third party app for what should be a native feature in most of the U.S. to process harassment calls, or even transcribe important interview calls via something like the otter.ai website. My work as a P.I. requires a lot of call recording as well. Especially working missing persons cases when phone interviews are necessary because COVID 19 or other nonsense. Just my opinion on it though.
0 Likes