cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobislongsnakeu
Astronaut

My Samsung Galaxy J4 won't update.

Since yesterday, I've been trying to check for a software update on my J4, but I keep getting the message "unable to update software. a network or server error occurred." I've already cleared my cache partition, cleared cache on the Google Play Store app, tried checking for the update without wifi and only using my mobile data, and I tried using someone's hotspot, but I keep getting the same error message. I've even turned my phone to safe mode and tried checking for an update, but that didn't work either. At this point, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. My Samsung Galaxy J4's Android Version is 8.0.0, and the Samsung Experience version is 9.0, if that means amything. The last time I was able to check for a software update was on 12/27/18.Screenshot_20190627-162411_Software update.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_0LpWNBX
Astronaut

I personally don't relate to the situation

I personally don't relate to the situation

Samsung_C5B2gna
Astronaut

Idk why

Idk why

UNSC-ONI
Cosmic Ray

Re: My Samsung Galaxy J4 won't update.

in the USA(where i live) updates come from your carrier, not the phone company like apple or samsung....i have t-mobile but i read that at&t and sprint get it 1st before t-mobile in the last 2 updates...my boss has sprint and she got a update 1+ week before i got it. So again, it comes from your carrier so try contacting customer support. For example apple pulled a update after it bricked iphones. This is on android phones for sure, i am not sure if this works on iphones with all updates come from apple themselves or your carrier.....

hobislongsnakeu
Astronaut

Re: My Samsung Galaxy J4 won't update.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try contacting customer support and see what happens from there.