Original topic:

My apps stopped working after attempting to free Space

(Topic created: 05-06-2022 09:33 PM)
userde2hGqv2JD
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In a desperate attempt to free up storage on my Samsung Galaxy A10e (that's a whole other story), I uninstalled updates on any app that would allow it since I was unable to remove the apps themselves.  I also changed permissions on some apps to disallow Storage.  I then cleared the cache partition.  Now, several apps won't work.  Words with Friends 2 and Pi won't load.  Yahoo Mail and Outlook will only show the preview, and when I try to access an email, I just get a blank screen.  I even tried removing and re-installing Yahoo but it now won't even launch.  I don't remember now which apps I changed , so I cannot determine what I did to create this mess.   I am hoping that somebody else had a similar experience and can suggest an app to update or modify permissions on so that my other apps will function again.  Thank you for any suggestions or insights!

2 Replies
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Factor reset start over
userde2hGqv2JD
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the suggestion.  That is a good last resort.  However, I went back in and restored storage permissions for most of the apps and now everything seems to be working fine again.  I don't know which app made the difference, so I'm just gonna leave those permissions alone in the future.  LOL.   

0 Likes