Original topic:

My galaxy A8 star's Camera keep crashing

(Topic created: 06-28-2021 10:18 PM)
Marsboy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Dear helper

I it would be big help if someone instruct me to fix my camera problem from crashing.

I did factory reset and fixed the camera problem (version 10.0.01.87) but now again it staring crashing.

1. I did force stop camera and clear cash and data  "but nothing improved/fixed"

2.  went to recovery mode and wiped cash memory   "but nothing improved/fixed"
3.  Update galaxy store app

4. Update sofware

5. update  google play system update  ("but nothing improved/fixed")

if there is other method then please notify me

Thanks in advance

Mansur Reza

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
부활
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have no other solutions that wouldn't void warranty. I would say

Turn Off Smart Stay

The smart stay feature is excellent to use, but many Samsung users have reported that the problem appears when they are using Smart Stay. Smart Stay uses the device’s front camera, and there is a chance that it may interfere with the camera app when you try to take photos. If the Smart Stay option is not used as much, or if you would like a working camera app more than the Smart Stay feature, you must consider disabling Smart Stay.

Or consider a replacement third party app.

1. Google Camera
Galaxy S20 Camera Apps

For your premium smartphones, Google Camera is the best camera app. It is better at taking low light photos when most of the devices fail to make all details. Since the launch date, many users use it instead of the default camera due to the rich functions and precise shots. Don’t go for its 3.8 ratings in the Play Store. Because of the last app update, many users of Google Pixel 2 reviewed its one-star score. In that, few users have given one star because Google Camera had stopped supporting their mid-range or old devices.

Download: Google Camera

2. Camera MX
Whatever smartphone you buy, it always needs a free stock camera or alternative camera app to complete the video shooting. Not a single premium mobile phones complete your tasks, we still need some time to compare with DSLR cameras. Few apps offer some best editing tools to make it the best quality images. Fine-tune, auto-focus, supports for all resolution, auto optimization, customizable JPEG setting in-camera, and HDR for high-quality photos are the main features of Camera MX app. It is free in the Play Store and unlocks some pro features for up to $0.99.

Download: Camera MX

3. One S10 Camera
May the developers would launch an S20 camera with the same name, but right now, it has named as One S10 Camera. With the 4.5 ratings, it is another useful camera tool for the Galaxy S20 series. More than 100 filters, AR & Emoji stickers, UHD & FHD camera, HDR mode, auto flash, and many more features are available to use. It is free in the Play Store, and you can download it on Galaxy S20 as well as its best supports on Galaxy S10 smartphones.

Download: One S10 Camera

Other things to consider a third party app installed is causing the error like many that take over camera such as Snapchat or facebook but if you are factory resetting then I can't see how these would be the culprits if clean restore comes with neither app.

The XDA way will get this community post locked since it is just as unorthodox as a frp lock bypass because you would essentially be installing a custom recovery rom and rooting phone to delete the camera app completely to replace with another 3rd party app; or accepting an Xposed framework solution. Magisk also would be an option this route but it might not be remotely worth it unless your ok risking warranty, breaking terms of service agreement, making phone trapped in a boot loop or worse completely bricking device.

Only other way is to visit a local Samsung technician to have phone care delivered from an authorized professional because there is a sense of security and liability safety net if they fail to troubleshoot the device. Really sorry to hear this fix has been a journey of complications thus far. Also check if your device is due for the updates in the next rollout these upcoming season.

I will research to see if anyone has had a shot at fixing this with Android studio (android sdk) as well since you can error check externally from desktop outside phone or if their is a terminal option in Linux to provide solution as well. Thank you for letting the community know and going to keep researching on this end

View solution in context

6 Replies
JAVITK818
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried a factory reset?.
부활
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The warning message “Camera failed” usually occurs when there’s a problem with the camera sensor. You know, when you open the Camera app, both the app and the sensor will initialize. If an issue occurs during initialization, the users will be notified through errors. If the issue is on the app, the error “Camera has stopped” will show up but if it’s with the hardware, then “Camera failed” pops up.

In this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your phone with “Camera failed” error. It might be an issue with the hardware but we can still fix it without actually opening your phone but that of course, depends on how the error started. If the phone got dropped before the error started to show up, then the sensor may have been damaged but if it started to pop up without apparent reason, then the problem can easily be fixed.

If however, you are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our Galaxy S8 troubleshooting guide for we have already addressed the most common issues with this phone. Find problems that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you need more help, then feel free to use the device care app or run diagnostics through get help on Samsung members account.

How to get rid of “Camera failed” error on Galaxy S8

We’ve already addressed similar issues in the past and the solution I give you is based on reports from our readers. Many have reported back saying the following procedure worked for them. Now, I will share with you how to fix the “Camera failed” error on your Galaxy S8…

From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.

Tap Settings > Apps.

Tap Camera.

Tap Storage.

Tap Clear cache.

Tap Clear data and then tap OK.

What it does is reset the Camera app and all other services used by the camera itself. It also deletes the cache created by the app as well as the brings the app back to its default or factory settings. For minor issue, this procedure is more than enough but if it doesn’t fix the problem, then try troubleshooting your device further."
부활
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Troubleshooting Galaxy S8 with “Camera failed” error

There are a couple of things you can do to determine what the problem is and fix it. However, after doing the following procedures and the problem is still not fixed, then it’s time you bring the phone to the service center.

Step 1: Reboot phone in Safe mode

Restart your Galaxy S8 in safe mode, open the camera and see if the error “Camera failed” still shows up. If the problem seems fixed, then there must be a third-party app that’s causing the error. Find it and uninstall it:

Boot Galaxy S8 in Safe mode

Turn the device off.

Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.

Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume downkey.

Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

Uninstall apps from your Galaxy S8

From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.

Tap Settings > Apps.

Tap the desired application in the default list or tap 3 dots icon > Show system apps to display preinstalled apps.

Tap the desired application.

Tap Uninstall.

Tap Uninstall again to confirm.

If the error is still showing up even in safe mode though, then you should try the next procedure.

Step 2: Backup your files and reset your phone

There are times when firmware-related issues occur and it’s very possible in this case. However, aside from ruling out the possibility of a firmware issue, we’re simply trying to clear off your personal information just before you bring the phone to the service center. So, make sure you backup all your important files and data. After the backup, disable the Factory Reset Protection by removing your Google account from your phone and then doing these steps:

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe data / factory reset.

Press Power button to select.

Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.

Press Power button to select and start the master reset.

When the master reset is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

If everything else fails, bring your phone to the service center so that a Samsung technician can check it up for you.

Marsboy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you Astronaut for all your instruction, but I have already tried  all the method you have had mentioned.
Only The "factory reset method" fixed the camera problem for the first time. But after a few months, the camera is having the same problem again.
However, now I want to fix the camera without the factory reset method.
Can you please tell me how to uninstall and reinstall the camera software? And where to download the camera software (Apache version 10.0.01.87)
Thanks again

Mansur Reza
0 Likes
Solution
부활
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have no other solutions that wouldn't void warranty. I would say

Turn Off Smart Stay

The smart stay feature is excellent to use, but many Samsung users have reported that the problem appears when they are using Smart Stay. Smart Stay uses the device’s front camera, and there is a chance that it may interfere with the camera app when you try to take photos. If the Smart Stay option is not used as much, or if you would like a working camera app more than the Smart Stay feature, you must consider disabling Smart Stay.

Or consider a replacement third party app.

1. Google Camera
Galaxy S20 Camera Apps

For your premium smartphones, Google Camera is the best camera app. It is better at taking low light photos when most of the devices fail to make all details. Since the launch date, many users use it instead of the default camera due to the rich functions and precise shots. Don’t go for its 3.8 ratings in the Play Store. Because of the last app update, many users of Google Pixel 2 reviewed its one-star score. In that, few users have given one star because Google Camera had stopped supporting their mid-range or old devices.

Download: Google Camera

2. Camera MX
Whatever smartphone you buy, it always needs a free stock camera or alternative camera app to complete the video shooting. Not a single premium mobile phones complete your tasks, we still need some time to compare with DSLR cameras. Few apps offer some best editing tools to make it the best quality images. Fine-tune, auto-focus, supports for all resolution, auto optimization, customizable JPEG setting in-camera, and HDR for high-quality photos are the main features of Camera MX app. It is free in the Play Store and unlocks some pro features for up to $0.99.

Download: Camera MX

3. One S10 Camera
May the developers would launch an S20 camera with the same name, but right now, it has named as One S10 Camera. With the 4.5 ratings, it is another useful camera tool for the Galaxy S20 series. More than 100 filters, AR & Emoji stickers, UHD & FHD camera, HDR mode, auto flash, and many more features are available to use. It is free in the Play Store, and you can download it on Galaxy S20 as well as its best supports on Galaxy S10 smartphones.

Download: One S10 Camera

Other things to consider a third party app installed is causing the error like many that take over camera such as Snapchat or facebook but if you are factory resetting then I can't see how these would be the culprits if clean restore comes with neither app.

The XDA way will get this community post locked since it is just as unorthodox as a frp lock bypass because you would essentially be installing a custom recovery rom and rooting phone to delete the camera app completely to replace with another 3rd party app; or accepting an Xposed framework solution. Magisk also would be an option this route but it might not be remotely worth it unless your ok risking warranty, breaking terms of service agreement, making phone trapped in a boot loop or worse completely bricking device.

Only other way is to visit a local Samsung technician to have phone care delivered from an authorized professional because there is a sense of security and liability safety net if they fail to troubleshoot the device. Really sorry to hear this fix has been a journey of complications thus far. Also check if your device is due for the updates in the next rollout these upcoming season.

I will research to see if anyone has had a shot at fixing this with Android studio (android sdk) as well since you can error check externally from desktop outside phone or if their is a terminal option in Linux to provide solution as well. Thank you for letting the community know and going to keep researching on this end
Marsboy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks  👍

Mansur Reza
0 Likes