Original topic:

My new sd card

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 12:04 PM)
Hubert
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I was wondering how I can get my sync clouds to all be used I have samsung cloud google cloud and one cloud. I as well have been told that someone has the same picture as I with my account Could that be because I had a lg premiere pro phone before I got a samsung phone  As well I got a sandisk for my phone it is 128 gb yet when I formatted the disk it only gave me 119 gb
3 Replies
Solution
Lrock
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
tl/dr version: this is normal SD card behavior. see below for long version.

not all the space on an SD card is "usable" space. much is used (9 gb in your case) for setting up the file system and its databases, structures, error correction and what have you. this varies based on the file system used, also some areas of cards ( called blocks, the unit that represents a specific amount of addressable space [typically 512 or 4096 bytes]) can be bad, so they will not be used. A table of these good and bad blocks also needs to be maintained on the card outside of the file system so that it can tell devices/apps where there is good places to write data. this also uses up some of that space and can (will) change over time as the card gets older and loses ability to hold data after many many many millions of write cycles

View solution in context

Lrock
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
if I understand the clouds question correctly, you should be able to log into all of them from the "accounts" section in the settings menu, then turn sync on
0 Likes
Hubert
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you lrock
0 Likes