cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

My phone hotspot is not visible on my laptop

Hi,

when I turn on my phone (Galaxy A51) hotspot, all devices can see it in their wifi list, except my laptop. Interesting is that my laptop detects all wifi signals except my mobile hotspot.

It seems that my laptop is in blocked list of my mobile hotspot.

Is there anyway to see this block list (in Galaxy A51 I could not find it)? or any other solution to my problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Comet

Re: My phone hotspot is not visible on my laptop

Older laptops will not pick up signals in the 5Ghz frequency. Try updating your Wi-Fi adapter firmware. Change transmission frequency to 2.4Ghz to see it sees it. You can control the devices filter so it should not be auto blocked by the phone. Also, ensure the number of allowed connection is enough to allow your laptop to connect as well. Hope it helps.
Constellation

Re: My phone hotspot is not visible on my laptop

Dear Ekamek,

thanks for your reply.

my laptop (lenovo e40) uses "Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC" device with latest driver I downloaded from lenovo site.

For transmission frequency, I suppose your recommendation is to be set on phone. My phone has no input for this setting, but as I said, all other devices see my phone hotspot, so I am doubted that the issue is frequency.

there is no limitation on number of allowed connection as well.

Comet

Re: Re: My phone hotspot is not visible on my laptop

Okay. Not sure why you can't control Hotspot settings but understood. See if you can change your NIC settings to allow you to connect to none broadcast SSID and enter the name of Hotspot manually then sec passphrase.