JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need Original Installation CD for YP-T8Z

(Topic created: 08-01-2020 08:11 AM)
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello. Does anyone one know how i can obtain the original installation CD that came with YP-T8Z mp3 player?  I don't need the Media Studio app, drivers, or manuals.  You see, i made the mistake of formatting my device, which removed all the games.  My understanding is that the games can only be reinstalled from the original installation CD that came with the device; And which i should've held onto Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Durin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
For $5, might be worth a shot.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Durin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There are install and upgrade downloads on the Samsung Support site... https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/YP-T8Z/XEU/
0 Likes
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello Durin.  Thanks.  Yes, i've seen that page before.  It has drivers, firmware updates, and the Media Studio app.  However, it does NOT have the original installation CD which contains the games i mentioned in my original post.

Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Durin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Possible purchase location, says Authorized Samsung Reseller but I have no way to confirm... http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-AH80-00105A.aspx?model=YP-T8X/XAA
0 Likes
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi again Durin.  Yes, i had seen that link too.  What discouraged me when i found it was that it's a different product ID than the one i'm looking for.  In the manual for my YP-T8Z it says the installation CD is part# AH80-00105E.  The part number for the link you mentioned is AH80-00105A.  Maybe the A vs E doesn't matter?  But maybe it has to do with that in the description it says "KOR", which to me hints that it might be the installation CD for the Korean version of the product.  So, maybe the CD won't even be readable on my PC.  In any case, i've emailed them about that and we'll see what they have to say.  Thanks for your efforts!

0 Likes
Solution
Durin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
For $5, might be worth a shot.
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Indeed.  I may get it regardless of what they say.  I'll let you know how i make out.

Thanks much. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi Durin. It was money well spent.  I got my games (and other features) back. 🙂

Thanks again.

Durin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That is fantastic, and that was fast too! Was it a digital ISO disc or did they mail you a physical one?
0 Likes
userFGiHfDMqoc
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Physical CD, no ISO.  It was a copy of the original with a plain label stuck to it.  It worked. That's all i care about.  🙂

0 Likes