JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need help assigning different notifications to apps

(Topic created: 03-29-2022 10:05 PM)
yollys
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello Community I'm having an issue I'm trying to make a notification sound for my regular notification like if I got an email something comes from Facebook whatever it is but I'm also trying to make a different one for my text messages. I don't know how to figure that out it keeps giving me the same sound for both I'm trying to make them both different sounds. Please help am getting  overwhelmed  with it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This sucks!!! I can only change per individual contact/conversation, but why can't I change the entire app notification???? Is there a way to contact whoever makes the app to ask them to add this feature???
0 Likes
yollys
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I wish I knew that answer and it would be great to do that
0 Likes
user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Follow the steps below:

Go to phone “Settings” --> “Notifications” --> make sure the Messages are turned ON in the “Included apps” --> go back to “Notifications” --> under Recently sent click “More” --> Find and click “Messages” --> Click “Notification categories” --> Click “New messages” --> Click “Sound” and pick what you would like --> Done!

Same steps for General Notifications too:
Go to phone “Settings” --> “Notifications” --> make sure the Messages are turned ON in the “Included apps” --> go back to “Notifications” --> under Recently sent click “More” --> Find and click “Messages” --> Click “Notification categories” --> Click “New messages” --> Click “Sound” and pick what you would like --> Done!

Hope this helps. I have been looking for this solution for a while now...Screenshot_20220330-201507_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220330-200844_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220330-200825_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220330-200809_Settings.jpg
user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The last step screenshot:Screenshot_20220330-201518_Settings.jpg