Original topic:

Need phone unlocked...

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 05:40 PM)
BigTime65
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a phone I bought thru AT&T but because of my bill becoming ridiculously hi, I switched to Tmobile. Prob is the phone is locked now an the new carrier isn't able to unlock it stating AT&T has to but of course they won't since they aren't my carrier anymore. Any suggestions??
4 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Normally you should talk to AT&T's customer service and ask them to help you. If that won't work, you can try eBay.

Even if you unlock it, you may not be able to update software on it. AT&T phones usually need an active sim card to get updates.

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If it is unlocked then it doesn't matter since the carrier supplies the updates
919Rider
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do you still owe them any money for the phone? You can request an unlock code so you can use the phone with different carriers. The phone cannot have payments left or if you owe att any money they have every right to not give you the unlock code. I have Att and have requested an unlock code before for my S7 Edge. It worked flawlessly. Give them a call, if the phone is yours, so should the unlock code my friend.
monkeyboi77
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Or find a unlocked online that will unlock it for you,usually cost money but always worked when I did it,now I just buy unlocked phone through Samsung pay up front with no worries about payments or carrier rules