JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New A53 to replace A20. Tech advises that Samsung apps corrupt the phone.

(Topic created: 01-21-2023 12:40 PM)
rogX
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've been with Boost mobile for almost 3 years using a Galaxy A20 and never had a problem. Just bought a new Boost Galaxy A53 5g to upgrade to 5g. I know nothing about phones so had tech at Boost do the setup/activation and move my stuff from the A20 to the A53. I later learned that while I could receive calls and texts, I could not dial out on the A53. 

Returned to Boost to have the tech evaluate the problem which lead to 2 factory resets of the A53 and the final diagnosis that my Samsung account and my Google account were in conflict on the A53 after the data transfer causing a corruption somewhere that lead to the phone not working. The tech's final fix was to NOT move my apps/data from my A20 onto the A53 and was told to only use Google apps on the A53. I was told to never activate any Samsung apps or sign in to my Samsung account on the A53 because it would corrupt the system.

When I tried to access this site using my PC it kept telling me to logon using the code sent to my phone but I never got it on my A53. I finally dug out and fired up my old A20 and the code was there so I could log in. I don't understand why it went to my A20 and not my A53!

None of this makes sense to me as I don't understand why my Samsung account would corrupt a Samsung phone.

Any idea why my A20 works just fine with the same apps/data that causes the A53 to fail and any suggestions on a fix? (A53 is past the 7 day return time or that would fix it)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
if my phone stopped making calls, I'd Factory Data Reset my phone.

If that didn't solve the problem, I'd deal with my provider (AT&T, TMO, etc.) I'd ask for a new SIM card, for example. Since you're with Boost (aka Dish Network) I assume the problem is with them.

Give it a try. Reset your phone. Change out the SIM. But don't talk to those tech "experts" anymore. They don't know what they're talking about.

After you've done that, and if you're still having problems, come back here and reply to me or Long Hiker. Let us know what you've done. Perhaps we can help. I'm so sorry for this difficulty. Power through and let's figure this out.

View solution in context

12 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@rogX The tech was incorrect about Samsung apps.

Is your Samsung account logged in on the A53? It would need to be for your code to be sent to it. 

If the apps aren't working on your A53, the developers of that app need to update the app to work on the A53 and latest OS software. 

rogX
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My A53 phone is NOT logged into my Samsung account per the tech's instructions. Any idea how to find which app needs to be updated?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@rogX "Any idea how to find which app needs to be updated?"

The ones that aren't working. 

0 Likes
rogX
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

"I could not dial out on the A53" - how to find what causes this?????????

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
as it happens, Samsung apps on a Samsung phone are not corrupting the device. don't know what you did, but the difficulty in assisting you is that you don't know what you did.
0 Likes
rogX
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

"you don't know what you did" - I agree ... I have no idea what they did or didn't do other than update the phone and network then activate the phone and transfer my stuff from the old phone to the new one.

2 techs and online customer support then spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and failed other than saying that Samsung account was corrupting things and doing 2 factory resets to get it to make calls.

I was just hoping that somebody knew how this stuff works and could offer suggestions on what would cause the phone to not make calls.

0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
if my phone stopped making calls, I'd Factory Data Reset my phone.

If that didn't solve the problem, I'd deal with my provider (AT&T, TMO, etc.) I'd ask for a new SIM card, for example. Since you're with Boost (aka Dish Network) I assume the problem is with them.

Give it a try. Reset your phone. Change out the SIM. But don't talk to those tech "experts" anymore. They don't know what they're talking about.

After you've done that, and if you're still having problems, come back here and reply to me or Long Hiker. Let us know what you've done. Perhaps we can help. I'm so sorry for this difficulty. Power through and let's figure this out.
rogX
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks

0 Likes
JVN1005
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you do decide to reset your phone again, make sure to sign out of your Google and Samsung accounts first. Good luck with this...