New S8 trade in program is a sham.

SOLVED
Constellation

New S8 trade in program is a sham.

[ Edited ]

Contacted Samsung via phone and email reguarding trading in my Galaxy S6 Active and after numerous bounces and wrong transfers they finallly email me stating that the S6 Active dosen't qualify for trade in only the models listed, so I kindly respond back with the following directly from Samsungs site: 

*Limited time offer. The following devices are eligible for the $150 Trade In Value: iPhone 5 and above, iPhone SE, Galaxy S5 and above, Note 5, LG G4 and above, Google Pixel & Pixel XL. Last time I checked Samsung the S6 Active is above the S5.

What kind of false advertising are you guys playing with? or are you stating that the phones that are "flagship" truly are not? Being that you are getting ready to release another not qualifing phone in the S8 active.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tunlrat1
‎08-22-2017 03:45 AM

Re: New S8 trade in program is a sham.

This was snipped from the terms and conditions of the trade in page.

Attachments

9 REPLIES
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tunlrat1
‎08-22-2017 03:45 AM

This was snipped from the terms and conditions of the trade in page.

Attachments

Constellation

Good looking out buddy, I guess complaining does work some times. Thanks again.

Constellation

This is not a Sham, this is straight up Theft!  At least you have your old phone.  The Galaxy Edge 7 I traded-in was less than a year old and in perfect condition.  I reset the phone to factory default and followed the trade-in instructions to the tee. Not only did they not give me anything for my trade-in, they kept my phone! 

I have never experienced such a deceptive practice with any company or purchase I have ever made. I tried to call the customer support line number and was on hold for hours. If this does not get settled in an equitable manner, I am done with Samsung. I will have to get my money's worth on social media. 

SAMSUNG

Your Trade-in Order will be charged

Your Trade-in Order will be charged

Dear 

Your original method of payment will be charged $125.

The Trade-In phone we received did not meet one or more of the eligibility criteria and you will be charged for the Trade-In Value you have already received through our Program. All charges will be applied to your most recent method of payment on file. Samsung will not be able to return your Trade-In device back to you. Click to see the Terms and Conditions of the Samsung Trade-In Program.

You will receive a separate email confirmation of this charge

Constellation

YES, IT IS A SCAM!

I sent my iPhone 6 Plus in perfectly working conditions, but I just got an email stating that the phone did not meet one of the eligibility criteria and that $125.00 will be charged. Not only that, Samsung will not return my iPhone - they that was the terms of the deal. This is just a **bleep**ING SCAM! They keep my iPhone that's worth at $200.00 and then do not honor the trade-in! 

People be aware!

Asteroid

Caveat Emptor... 

Note 8 trade-in program is a scam!  Nothing was wrong with my S7, but they charged me back saying it "didn't match their requirements".  I have an extra charge on my account, my old phone is just plain gone and I have no recourse. 

Large manufacturers should not be able to get away with something so blatant!  Feel like I've just been ripped off by Samsung for $250.   Looks like it is an LG future for me.

Halo

I will never buy Samsung products again or recommend there brand in the United States...
GKJ
Constellation

Joining the league of decepted consumers again by samsung. I was never fond of Samsung products and i bought an s8+ with the trade in offer. I semt my iphone 5s and was supposed to get AKG headphones. I have the recorded videos of the phone's perfectly mint condition and  all this i had submitted in August. As of today, i was given multiple reasons for the delay..AG headphones backordered.. my trade inw as processed and can expect in few weeks..3+ escalations.. and finally in December i get an email saying the phone they had never received which was a perfect lie. Per fedex the trade-in devce was delivered to their warehouse and and these giys said my trade-in was not processed because they never received it. And i had used Samsung's return service. Whao..that was simply so stupid to say by Sanmsung that they never received it. And finally i was charged 150$ back on my card and i never received the AKG headphones.. I had literally shouted at the samsung customer care..and finally they raised an internal dispute to resolve my issue which stands on hold due to internal investigations for which there is no ETA.

So here i am with 4 months of delay,,frustrated by Samsung and literally harassed for no timelines and the worst of the customer service you can expect..multiple transfers to internal teams who do not even know which department does what and who should they talk to..

NEVER EVER BUY A SUMSUNG PRODUCT or TRADEIN AGAIN..the worst customer service i have seen in years..And many like me would have been frustrated.. and Samsung kept our trade-in phones and now making multiple reasons to get away with this..And to look good..they are just processing the trade-ins to some lucky folks randomly..

They keep sayin that there is a huge demans and backlog for their phones and hence the delay..Even apple doesn't do this..That's why i am so brand loyal to them..No one can beat them i believe personally.. But anyways..NEVER EVER SAMSUNG AGAIN...goodbye..

I hope someone reads this and realize how frustrated an and unhappy cosumer i am right now..

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I traded in a Google pixel. It was brand new. Not even a scratch. No cracked screen. It was paid off and unlocked from Verizon. Wireless. It was not black listed. I shouldn't have been charged 275$ from Samsung saying it didn't meet the return elegability!!!! I have opened a case with Samsung already. I'm very upset it was brand new and shipped in the original Google pixel box! I have waited for the note 8 to come out since we all know what happened with the 7!! I've been fighting with them for over a year.  Hire a lawyer. It's illegal for them not to have proof in the firm if photos which they had 5 days to suddenly come up with.  Plus I wanted proof it was my serial number.  If they don't return your device seek legal counsel.  This is just wrong of Samsung.  I've been reading many of these complaints. This is downright illegal what they are doing to loyal customers.  I want my Google pixil. Back!!!!!! 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

userEMdO3JyMGF
Seems Samsung wanna say your device is not eligible for trade then theirs no reason for them to not return it back to u. so seems they said that they won't return it back to u...Then it's definately 100% theft cause obviously seems they wanna keep your phone then that means it was really eligible & they lied to u.