JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New phone contact not in contact list

(Topic created: 03-20-2023 12:33 PM)
stargem
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
On Galaxy S53 phone - when I enter and Dave a new contact it does not appear in my contact list. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good afternoon @stargem, I hope you're doing well.

Did you enter your contact in your Samsung Contacts app or the Google contacts app?

There are two different contact apps the first mentioned is if you're using the Samsung Contacts app, which you can only find in that particular app which syncs to the Samsung Ecosystem.

The Second which is the Google contacts app syncs your contacts yo your Google account so if you decided to leave the Samsung ecosystem, you'd still be able to find them in the Google Contacts app.

I hope this helps.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good afternoon @stargem, I hope you're doing well.

Did you enter your contact in your Samsung Contacts app or the Google contacts app?

There are two different contact apps the first mentioned is if you're using the Samsung Contacts app, which you can only find in that particular app which syncs to the Samsung Ecosystem.

The Second which is the Google contacts app syncs your contacts yo your Google account so if you decided to leave the Samsung ecosystem, you'd still be able to find them in the Google Contacts app.

I hope this helps.
stargem
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks very much. I'll give that a shot. I didn't realize that there are two contact lists. Kind of confusing but I'll try to figure out a way to somehow merge them permanently.
New question: when someone leaves a voice message, nothing shows up as a notification. This is still on the A53 with Verizon. When using the phone app there is also no link for voice messages as there was on the Motorola phone I had. Still trying to wrap my head around all the stuff Google does that seems to take over. Thanks again... Gus
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You're welcome,

First your second question: I would reach out to your carrier about how to get Visual voicemail on your new Galaxy device. Voicemail and Visual voicemail are provided by the carrier.
0 Likes
stargem
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks again. I'll give them a buzz. Take care....
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You're welcome have a great day
0 Likes