Original topic:

New phone inquiries

(Topic created on: 12/1/20 5:32 PM)
ShadB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi fam, I'm Rashad from South Carolina.  I currently have the Galaxy A10e. Its time for my upgrade,  I'm leaning towards the A11. If anyway has it or know anyone who does,  what are your thoughts on it. Thank you 
7 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Also from SC. Also have the A10e and also have the A11. If you are wanting to upgrade and see a major improvement then I dont recommend the A11. Outside of a couple minor changes you will not see much of an improvement over your A10e. If you are looking to really upgrade and improve overall phone specs and features, I recommend moving up to the next Tier which is an "S" series phone.
Kali1Dutch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm from Cali and I've the A11 and its a pretty good phone for me So I say go for it if you like the A10 so far
ShadB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
ok thanks much. I'm with Cricket and they have the S20 it's like $500 lol
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
the S20fes are nice but that's still pretty pricey even with the discount. A major upgrade would be an S10+ if they have one of those and wouldn't break the bank. still get all the bells and whistles of the S20fe and will get Android 11. In my opinion the S10 series is a more stable build it's just been developed more. If you scan through the S20fe comments it's still a bit glitchy with the camera, fingerprint sensor, and some of the Bluetooth connections. It also has been having issues with how it translates 4k. Hopefully theyll clean it up with the new update. I guess itll cone down to the "feel" and the "deal"
ShadB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
thanks so much. you've been a great help
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Also keep in mind the 888 chips are dropping in the first quarter of 2021. If you think phones are moving fast right now just wait until you see next years lineup. Qualcomm has built a Beast they are about to drop into Android 11s and its gonna make Apple phones look embarrassing and this years Androids look very sluggish in comparison. This translates to major price drops for the Zfolds and the S20fes and Notes of this year. They will still be Great phones , just at a more reasonable price point. I bought my first car for $1200 lol I could never justify buying a phone for that but that's just my personal opinion. Waiting for the same phone as everyone else also means while they are locked into a $1200 payment plan with no chance of upgrade, you may pick your same phone up for $400 and be liquid
ShadB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Right, I do not feel good about paying that much for a phone. Like you said, it's a car deposit lol. All these people paying $1200, $1400 for phones that will be outdated in 3 months, I just cant lol