cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

No Android apps for Samsung Chromebook 4+

My Samsung Chromebook 4+ cannot see, download or install Android apps from the Play Store. OS is 81.0.4044.25 dev 64-bit. Store setting is visible and not grayed out. I  have Powerwashed, and tried on Stable and Developer versions.

Is there a way to make this computer load Android apps? How?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No Android apps for Samsung Chromebook 4+

Are you seeing an error when selecting the Play Store? If you cannot find Play Store on the Launcher, select the taskbar on the bottom right and select → TURN ON under Google Play Store.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm sorry if my question was vague, but Play Store opens without any sort of error. But Android apps are not visible in the Play Store and therefore cannot be downloaded or installed , as though they are not supported. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your next step will be to run a recovery for the Chromebook. The walkthrough is available at this link.  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110900/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, I can make the recovery usb drive on a Win 10 PC, but when I plug it in into the Chromebook simply nothing happens. Tried several times. Is there a way to manually execute the program on the USB drive?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you format the USB drive before running the Recovery Utility?