Original topic:

No audio in USB-C headset when making a phone call on Galaxy xcover 5

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 06:10 AM)
HJO77
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When making a phone call on my Galaxy xcover 5 with a USB-C headset connected the audio gets routed to the speaker and microphone of the phone rather than the headset.

The headset is working fine when playing media (youtube etc) or recording (voice recorder).

I have searched nearly every support site for clues, and suggestions. These are the things I've tried:

* Run the phone in safe mode 

* Disable/enable USB audio routing in developer mode

* Change the default USB mode in developer mode

* Factory reset 

* Tried another, also brand new, xcover phone  

* Tried multiple headsets, both samsung original and 3rd party 

None of these things seem to help. It almost seems as if this behaviour is 'by-design'. Interestingly, you can make a phone call when you connect an old analog headset to the 3.5mm port  of the device.

Has anyone been able to make a phone call with a USB-C headset on a Galaxy xcover 5 device?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello HJO77, and welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear about the USB-C headset not working on calls, and can understand the inconvenience. Just for clarification is the headset and/or adapter third-party? If so, you will need to check and make sure all are compatible with the phone, as not all third-party adapters and headsets will work with USB-C. 

0 Likes
HJO77
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

"Tried multiple headsets, both samsung original and 3rd party "

So, original Samsung headsets. We have tested 2 different ones (AAMA08 and AAM912) none of them work.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I see, thank you for responding. Other than the headsets, what about the adapters? Are the adapters third-party, Samsung, or both like the headsets? 

0 Likes
HJO77
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We did not try any adapters (yet).

0 Likes
HJO77
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I ordered 2 adapters: 1 original Samsung and a 3rd party one. Both behave exactly the same as the USB headsets. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for confirming this information. I would like to look into this further for you. Will you please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Model Code:

IMEI number:

Software Version:

Carrier:

0 Likes