JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No call audio on galaxy a20s after update

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 07:54 PM)
Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Both my brother and myself have galaxy a20s phones and both installed an update on 7/29/21. Since the update neither phone can hear anything on calls unless we go to speaker phone or use a headset. We've verified the phone volume is up and not muted. I also use the 8x8 app on my phone for work calls and am seeing the same thing there. 

If it were just my phone I would think it was a physical speaker problem but the fact that it happened with both phones right after the update makes me think something else is up. I haven't done a reset yet, and would rather not, any advice? 

Model: sm-a207m/ds

Provider: ting (via t-mobile) 

31 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Open the phone app and input *#0*#. This should bring up a menu to test device hardware. Choose the speaker. First tap should test both second tap bouton third tap ear piece. To exit tap back twice. If sound is heard all three times then try clearing cache and data of the phone app. Settings->apps->phone force stop the app ->storage clear cache and data. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I believe that menu is disabled on my device as it just says it's invalid. 

0 Likes
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
*#*#0289#*#* try this code it is for the a20 for audio test.
0 Likes
Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It showed dialing for a few seconds but I couldn't hear anything. 

0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No good
0 Likes
joeski79
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I got the same problem after update ,the guy from repair store said the new software damage the motherboard burn something inside
0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Really, no way bad software could burn a board. Guy from repair shop trying to fork out some money.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can understand how frustrating this can be. I recommend that you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps to clear the partition on your phone.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I tried this with no change. 

0 Likes