JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No call audio on galaxy a20s after update

(Topic created: 08-12-2021 07:16 PM)
Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Both my brother and myself have galaxy a20s phones and both installed an update on 7/29/21. Since the update neither phone can hear anything on calls unless we go to speaker phone or use a headset. We've verified the phone volume is up and not muted. I also use the 8x8 app on my phone for work calls and am seeing the same thing there. 

If it were just my phone I would think it was a physical speaker problem but the fact that it happened with both phones right after the update makes me think something else is up. I haven't done a reset yet, and would rather not, any advice? 

Model: sm-a207m/ds

Provider: ting (via t-mobile) 

A-Winger
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Could you explain how you did it plz?
0 Likes
jessicaz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can some one please give a response. Obviously what ever was suggested has not worked for anyone !
0 Likes
Flesh_And_Bones
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I updated two A20s Phones on Aug2nd 2021, Now I have the same issue x2 and the above fix failed to correct it.

0 Likes
userp0AL1bCCEm
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have an international version (with two IMEI's) and after 2.5 hours with Samsung support was finally told that I'd have to send it in and pay for repair (their local shops are no help) even though it was admitted that this is a known issue with their software and they are working on a fix.  Whether that will happen or not is unclear.  What is clear is that Samsung seems undisturbed with putting out poor products and refuses to stand behind them.

0 Likes
userubNLFBxR7n
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does Samsung ever read what is on this blog? I will Never purchase another Samsung phone again. This is my First and Last One!

What is the number for their call center?

0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Got same answer. CSR just follow an outdated script, was to to take to repair.
0 Likes
userubNLFBxR7n
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

i have exactly the same problem since the July 29th update. This is a new phone for me since and I am unhappy with the performance and Samsung's inability to correct this problem.  I need to hear my calls and not use the speaker or the headphones.  WhY???

0 Likes
jessicaz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I fixed it! Ok so i don't know what time worked. I removed sim card turned phone off them on . Waited till fully on. Added sim. Phone.promted a mesaage that i needed to fix a few tings. Followed prompts. Now i can hear out of normal phone.mode. i did it about 3 to 4 times . I hope it works for some one else.
0 Likes
Solution
Flesh_And_Bones
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Jessicaz"s fix did not work for me.

But, that did make me think... 

So... What I did do, was switch my sim card from slot #1 to slot #2 and that worked for me.

Guess who won't be doing any more Samsung updates for a while... LOL

I just had to update a few custom ring tones, notification tones and such.  because slot #1 and slot #2 are different.

I hope that helps.

let people know if it worked for you.

Good luck everyone.

View solution in context

Shakikki
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This fixed it for us! Thanks to you and Jessicaz! I need my phone for work so this has been a huge pain these last few weeks.